Hospitality Technology Reveals Results of 2013 Customer Engagement Tech Study
Social Media and Mobile Websites Rank Highest for Hotel and Restaurant Engagement With Customers
The study findings show that four major trends are fueling the growth of CETS. These include: consumer technologies, social, mobile and convergence. The merging of consumer technologies, social media, and mobility create new expectations and opportunities to deliver guest services and to enhance guest experiences. With social media apps integrated into every new mobile device, most social media usage and Internet activity now occurs through mobile devices. Travelers are at the epicenter of this convergence trend; it epitomizes their lifestyles.
Key findings reveal:
- By 2015, 85% of restaurants and 91% of hotels will have a mobile website.
- 72% of hotel apps have the ability to reserve a room.
- 96% of restaurants display menus on their mobile apps.
- By 2015, 53% of restaurants and 39% of hotels plan to offer mobile payment.
- Interactive digital signage ranked high both in business impact and customer engagement for both restaurants and hotels.
- Facebook (90%) and Twitter (78%) get the most use by restaurants and hotels.
- Social media is the most-used interactive tool by restaurants (89%) and hotels (91%).
The complete report can be downloaded here.
About Hospitality Technology
Hospitality Technology (HT) is the only publication dedicated to covering the role of information technology in improving business performance for hotel and restaurant operators. The Hospitality Technology editorial portfolio includes: a print publication that publishes nine times annually and reaches more than 16,000 hospitality industry executives, three networking and educational events (MURTEC, Hotel Technology Forum and Restaurant Executive Summit), a comprehensive website, e-newsletters, web seminars, and several exclusive annual reports and studies. Visit Hospitality Technology online at . Hospitality Technology is published by media company Edgell Communications, headquartered in Randolph, N.J.