Speakers and Agenda Announced for 2013 NATHIC Event in Chicago
A panel of high-level speakers from leading hotel companies will kick off the conference with a state-of-the-industry discussion. Panelists include Wayne Goldberg, president and CEO, La Quinta Inns & Suites; Dave Johnson, president and CEO, Aimbridge Hospitality; David Kong, president and CEO, Best Western International; Steve Miller, senior vice president of development, Wyndham Hotel Group; and Allison Reid, senior vice president of development and acquisitions, North America for Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.
Additional speakers include Andy Alexander, Red Roof Inns; Jeffrey Bucaro, Aries Capital, LLC; David Buffam, New Castle Hotels & Resorts; Bill DeForrest, Lane Hospitality; Adam Docks, Perkins Coie LLP; Robert Habeeb, First Hospitality Group; Paul Kirwin, Americinn & Northcott Hospitality; Robert Van Ness, Preferred Hotel Group; Manlio Marescotti, Marriott Hotels & Resorts; Michael Medzigian, Watermark Capital; Rajiv Trivedi, LaQuinta Inns & Suites; Robert Van Ness, Preferred Hotel Group; Brendan Watters, Boomerang Hotels; Gary Williams, Coakley & Williams Hotel Management Company; and Brian Wogerneese, Cobblestone Hotels. For a complete list of presenters, visit www.nathic.com.
The two-day event also will feature new programming including a hospitality real estate showcase with top brokers promoting properties currently on the market and a "hotel shark tank" competition based on the popular reality television show that will offer endowment opportunities to hospitality school programs presenting a winning industry innovation. Participating schools include Michigan State University, New York University and DePaul University.
Other conference highlights include:
- An industry performance overview by Jan Freitag, senior vice president of Smith Travel.
- Research and hotel development pipeline update from J.P. Ford, senior vice president of Lodging Econometrics.
- Views on structuring third-party management agreements: terms, out clauses and more.
- The benefits of public versus private lending.
- Insider tips on managing through a renovation from planning to the bottom line.
- An in-depth review of the transactions market and where opportunities lie.
- Insights on repositioning an asset for maximum success.
- Open discussion by the Lodging Industry Investment Council (LIIC), a prestigious think tank of hotel owners, brokers, financiers and lawyers led by HREC founder Mike Cahill.
- A review of the top development and franchising possibilities in Canada.
- A look into future trends by a panel of younger-generation hoteliers.
- A discussion about social media, digital marketing and mobile targeting.
- An analysis of the food and beverage revolution.
Marilyn McHugh, who oversees NATHIC as vice president of global events for Questex Hospitality + Travel, said this year's event will offer lodging and real estate industry professionals an even richer educational and networking forum designed to maximize investment opportunities.
"Each year our goal is to bring together hotel owners, developers, operators, lenders, consultants and brand executives under one roof to discuss and debate important investment issues spanning the entire North American hospitality scene," she said. "Attendees will have the opportunity to gain valuable insights on the state of the industry from some of the industry's most influential leaders and senior-level investment professionals in an exciting new venue."
Topics for the event were guided by the NATHIC Advisory Board, composed of a wide spectrum of prominent hotel owners, operators, franchisors, management companies, marketers and analysts to ensure content is immediately relevant to attendees. For more information on the North America Hotel Investment Conference and to register for the event, visit www.nathic.com.
About Questex Hospitality + Travel
Questex Hospitality + Travel, the largest multimedia organization in the world dedicated to travel and lodging, drives revenue, productivity and value-creation for these related industries through strategic investment and deal-making forums, powerful lead-generation tools, interactive online business solutions, world-class events and industry-leading publications.
Questex Hospitality + Travel also provides business development, marketing and training services to national tourism organizations, destination marketing associations, hotel, gaming, resort and cruise companies, online travel agencies and travel advisors worldwide. Questex Hospitality + Travel is a division of Questex Media Group LLC, headquartered in Newton, Mass., with offices throughout the world.
RDR PR LLC