Cornell Institute for Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations announces executive advisory board
Cornell University School of Hotel Administration is pleased to announce the members of its executive advisory board. This diverse group—with individuals representing labor/unions, hospitality management, and neutral viewpoints— will provide advice and recommendations to help shape the direction of the institute and improve hospitality labor relations.
"We established CIHLER with the goal ofcreating a forum where unions and management could work together to modernize the industry in ways that benefit both capital and labor," said Dave Sherwyn, director of CIHLER. "The members of our executive advisory board bring the expertise and viewpoints necessary to drive this kind of innovation forward."
CIHLER executive advisory board members:
• Maria Elena Durazo, Executive Secretary-Treasurer, Los Angeles
• D. Taylor, President, UNITE HERE!
• John Ceriale P'16, President and Founder, Prospect Advisors
• Nancy Lee, Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, Marriott International, Inc.
• Rod DeArment, Senior Counsel and Partner, Covington &
• Wilma Liebman, Past Chairman National Labor Relations Board and Senior Lecturer, School of Law and ILR School, Cornell University
• Martin F. Scheinman '75, MS '76, Esq., Arbitrator/Mediator
• Richard W. Hurd, Associate Dean for External Relations and
• Michael Johnson, Dean and E.M. Statler Professor, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
• Harry Katz, Kenneth F. Kahn Dean and Jack Sheinkman Professor, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University
• Stewart Schwab, Allan R. Tessler Dean and Professor of Law, Cornell Law School
• Dave Sherwyn '86, JD '89, John and Melissa Ceriale Professor of Hospitality Human Resources and Director of CIHLER
The Cornell Institute for Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations was established in 2013 as a platform for students, employers, labor, and employees involved in the hospitality industry. The institute's mission is to support educational programs, sponsor and disseminate research, and hold conferences and roundtables dedicated to labor and employment in the hospitality industry. To learn more about the institute and its projects, visit www.cihler.cornell.edu.
Partners: Barnes & Thornburg LLP • Commune Hotels • Davis & Gilbert LLP • Epstein Becker Green • Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts • Fox Rothschild LLP • Hilton Worldwide • Jones Day • Kane Kessler, P.C. • Littler Mendelson • Loews Corporation • Paul Hastings LLP • Proskauer • Regan Development Corporation • Seaview Investors LLC • Starwood Hotels and Resorts • Taylor English Duma LLP
Center for Real and Estate Finance
The Scho ol of Hotel Administration at the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business is shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management through leadership in education, research, and industry advancement. Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the school provides management instruction in the full range of hospitality disciplines, educating the next generation of leaders in the world's largest industry. Founded in 1922 as the nation's first collegiate course of study in hospitality management, the Cornell School of Hotel Administration is recognized as the world leader in its field.