U.S. News & World Report Announces the 2014 Best Hotels
The top five Best Hotels in the USA are:
- The Lodge at Sea Island – Sea Island, Ga.
- The Inn at Palmetto Bluff – Bluffton, S.C.
- The Allison Inn & Spa – Newberg, Ore.
- Four Seasons Hotel Seattle – Seattle, Wash.
- Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele – Lanai, Hawaii
See full list: Best Hotels in the USA
U.S. News also analyzed 271 luxury properties in the Caribbean. Twenty-seven hotels scored high enough to be named Best Hotels in the Caribbean.
The top five Best Hotels in the Caribbean are:
- Tortuga Bay – Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Jamaica Inn – Ochos Rios, Jamaica
- Spice Island Beach Resort – St. George's, Grenada
- Eden Rock, St. Barths – Baie de Saint Jean, St. Barts
- Hotel Saint-Barth Isle de France – Baie des Flamands, St. Barts
See full list: Best Hotels in the Caribbean
The 2014 Best Hotels also includes rankings of 342 hotels in Mexico. and 223 hotels in Canada, along with rankings of the Best Hotels by Brand to help travelers select the best brand-backed hotels across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
U.S. News' Best Hotels rankings are based on an unbiased methodology that includes the collective opinion of travel experts and guests, expressed through online reviews and ratings.
"Our Best Hotels rankings are designed to take the guesswork out of choosing the right hotel," said Miriam Weiner, travel editor for U.S. News. "These properties were selected because they meet the highest standards of travel experts and guests alike when it comes to luxury amenities and quality customer service."
About U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report is a multi-platform publisher of news and analysis, which includes the digital-only U.S. News Weekly magazine, . Focusing on Health, Money, Education, Travel, Cars and Public Service/Opinion, U.S. News has earned a reputation as the leading provider of service news and information that improves the quality of life of its readers. U.S. News & World Report's signature franchise includes its News You Can Use® brand of journalism and its "Best" series of consumer guides that include rankings of colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, mutual funds, health plans and more.