HSMAI Americas Unveils 2014 Executive Committee, Board of Directors
its 2014 Americas Region Executive Committee and Board of Directors. In total, 38 members were elected or appointed to serve HSMAI in the coming year.
and internationally known entities ranging from convention & visitors bureaus, hotels, hotel management companies, research and / or marketing firms and universities to online travel agencies, search engines and social media platforms. Notably, 22 hotels and hotel management companies are represented on the board.
"HSMAI is excited about the multitude of diverse talent we have among our newExecutive Committee and Board of Directors," said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI. "Each member brings a wealth of knowledge to the organization that will undoubtedly advance HSMAI as a leading resource to hospitality professionals and the industry as a whole."
Rob Torres, managing director of travel at Google, begins a two-year term as HSMAIAmericas Chair.
"I could not have hoped to work with a more well-rounded and innovative group ofpeople," said Rob Torres, HSMAI Americas Chair. "I am excited to see how HSMAI will progress throughout the next year and look forward to learning from the team as we move forward."
The 2014 HSMAI Executive Committee, Board of Directors and FoundationRepresentative to the Americas Board are as follows:
- Chair: Rob Torres, managing director of travel, Google
- Chair Elect: Jeff Senior, executive vice president and chief marketing officer, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Secretary-Treasurer: Mark Thompson, CHBA, CHSE, vice president of tourism, Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Vice Chair: Marina MacDonald, CHDM, chief marketing officer, Red Roof Inns
- Immediate Past Chair: Barb Bowden, general manager, Orange County Convention Center
Board of Directors:
- Anil Aggarwal: chairman & CEO, Milestone
- Bart Berkey: senior corporate director, Eastern Region, Ritz Carlton Global Sales Office
- George Brennan: executive vice president, sales & marketing, Interstate Hotels
- Maureen Callahan: vice president, marketing communications & PR, Destination Hotels & Resorts
- Geraldine Calpin: senior vice president, Global Online, Hilton Worldwide
- Elizabeth Cambra, CRME: corporate director, pricing & revenue management, Outrigger Enterprises Group
- Joel Carver: CEO, Carver Hotel Group
- Chris Crenshaw, CRME: vice president, strategic development, STR
- Dorothy Dowling: senior vice president, marketing & sales, Best Western International
- Jack Easdale, CRME, CHSE: vice president of yield management, The Venetian / Palazzo
- Tammy Farley: president, Rainmaker
- Mike Fegley: vice president global sales, Americas, IHG
- Agnelo Fernandes: senior vice president, sales & marketing, Terranea Resort
- Loren Gray: director of eCommerce, Ocean Properties
- Dan Greene: director, US sales and operations, Twitter
- Alex Gregory: director of sales, Sea Island Resort
- Jack Horne: senior vice president, sales, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Joe Hyman: president & CEO, Vizergy
- Ruth Leis: executive director of sales, MGM Grand
- Kathy Maher: senior vice president revenue management, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Melissa Maher: senior vice president, global strategic accounts & industry relations, Expedia, Inc.
- Stacy Milne: vice president & managing director, global marketing, Marriott International
- Brian Payea: head of industry relations, TripAdvisor
- Lalia Rach: Ed.D., dean and director, University of Wisconsin - Stout, School of Hospitality Leadership
- Andrew Rubinacci: vice president, distribution & intermediary sales, IHG
- Tom Santora: chief marketing officer, Omni Hotels & Resorts
- Jane Stampe: managing director, The Americas, iDeaS – a SAS Company
- Brian Tkac: vice president, marketing & revenue, Hostmark Hotels
- John Washko: vice president of group marketing and sales, Atlantis, Paradise Island
- Betty Wilson: vice president, North America divisional sales, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Louis Zameryka: regional manager, Booking.com
HSMAI Foundation Representative to the Americas Board:
- Vail Brown: vice president global business development & marketing, STR
To learn more about HSMAI or the 2014 Executive Committee, Board of Directors, visit:www.hsmai.org.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry"s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI ROCET, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at www.hsmai.org, www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
HSMAI is the leading association of sales and marketing professionals in the hospitality industry. With over 7,000 members in 35 countries, HSMAI is a global network of individuals, chapters, businesses and organizations. All industry segments are represented including hotels, resorts, airlines, cruise ships, car rental agencies, restaurants, attractions and theme parks, convention and visitors bureaus, destination management companies and reservation sales organizations.
As the regional chapter for the metropolitan area, HSMAI Greater New York serves a community of over 500 hospitality professionals who are committed to the highest standards of service and ongoing professional development.
Membership is open to anyone in hospitality sales, marketing or management as well as travel and tourism educators and service providers who support the industry. HSMAI continues to lead the industry by providing education and market research to its members.