Orbitz.com Launches Orbitz Labs to Let Consumers Test Fun Tools to Improve Shopping for Travel
Try Orbitz Labs now at . Share Orbitz Labs on Twitter and tell others about the concept using #OrbitzLabs.
"The Orbitz technology team is constantly innovating and thinking about ways to make booking travel easy and a lot more fun," said Roger Liew, chief technology officer at Orbitz. "The Orbitz Labs features that strike a chord with our customers and enhance their shopping experience are ones we will incorporate into the Orbitz mobile and desktop booking engines and the tools that consumers do not engage with will be refined through new and interesting features that our engineers are eager to test with travelers."
Orbitz Labs Tools and Features
- Personalized hotel picks: Find a hotel in any city when sorting choices based on other favorite properties.
- Destination hot spots: See which flights, hotels and destinations other travelers are searching for now.
- Best bets by travel type: Get customized hotel picks for families, couples, singles, LGBT and other interests.
- Flight trends: Animated flight map shows where everyone is traveling to now.
- Hot rates heatmap: Compare average daily rates to historical trends with this handy calendar.
- Best bets by week: Compare hotel price trends by week to find out if the price is steep or a steal.
- Best bets by day of the week: Flexible with travel dates? This tool shows which days of the week offer the best hotel rates for a specific market and/or property.
- Seasonal hotel price trends: Plan a trip around your destination's best seasonal rates, charted over the course of a year.
Orbitz.com is a leading travel website that enables consumers to search for and book a broad range of hotels, flights, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages and destination activities. Since launching in June 2001, Orbitz.com has become one of the world's largest online travel sites. Orbitz.com now offers the groundbreaking Orbitz Rewards loyalty program-the only program where customers can earn rewards immediately on flights, hotels and packages, and redeem instantly on tens of thousands of hotels worldwide. Customers can earn up to 5% towards future hotel stays when booking hotels and 1% towards future hotel stays when booking either standalone flights or eligible vacation packages. Orbitz.com is the #1 way to book travel on mobile devices, be it using our apps (get them at www.orbitz.com/mobile) or our smartphone-optimized website (m.orbitz.com), both of which are tailored for smartphones and tablets. The Orbitz app for iPhone is one of only 48 apps out of nearly 900,000 available apps chosen by Apple to be inducted into its App Store Hall of Fame. Orbitz members get exclusive access to Insider Steals hotel deals, promotions and other saving opportunities. Follow Orbitz on Facebook, Twitter and through the Orbitz Travel Blog. Orbitz.com is operated by Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE:OWW).
About Orbitz Worldwide
Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE:OWW) is a leading global online travel company using technology to transform the way consumers around the world plan and purchase travel. Orbitz Worldwide operates the consumer travel planning sites Orbitz (), ebookers (), HotelClub () and CheapTickets (). Also within the Orbitz Worldwide family, Orbitz Partner Network () delivers private label travel technology solutions to a broad range of partners including some of the world`s largest airlines and travel agencies, and Orbitz for Business () delivers managed travel solutions for companies of all sizes. Orbitz Worldwide makes investor relations information available at investors.orbitz.com.
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release regarding Orbitz Worldwide Inc.'s business which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of such risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see "Risk Factors" in the Company's Annual Report or Form 10-K for the most recently ended fiscal year.