7 Fundamental Tips to Make Your Hotel Photos Pop Using Text
Author Sebastyne Young, once said “A picture can tell a thousand words, but a few words can change its story.”
We stress the importance of visuals regularly, but it's important to remember that short, snackable text descriptions are vital for offering depth and context to your hotel's visual story.
and captivating to keep travel shoppers engaged (Microsoft Research). Having too much "filler text" can dilute your message and overwhelm a potential guest. Consider this quote from Ernest Hemingway, often referred to as the shortest story ever told. It's a mere 6 words in length, but shockingly poignant.
Let's cut to the chase, read these 7 fundamental Best Practice tips for accentingyour images by focusing on the words you use to tell your story!
1. Start with a warm welcome
A warm reception coupled with relevant information will keep travel shoppers craving more. Yourintroductory text should welcome travel shoppers and invite them to take a look around your hotel – virtually!
Highlight the major selling features of your hotel including:
- Proximity to airport and popular area attractions
- Complimentary services included with the stay – highlight guest preferences such as free Wi-Fi, breakfast, etc.
- Distinguishing features that make your hotel stand out from the competition such as express check in/out, shuttle service, a basket of muffins at the front desk, etc.
- Feature amenities that will appeal to your target customer segment such as a computer area and meeting rooms for business travelers or a pool for leisure travelers
Leonardo Worldwide Corporation is a technology company serving the global hospitality industry. Leonardo provides e-marketers at hotel brands, management companies, hotel properties and travel websites with technology solutions that help them better reach, engage, convert and satisfy travel shoppers.
Leonardo"s core products include Vizlly, a Digital Marketing Solution that makes it easy for hotel to drive quality traffic to their hotel website, convert more visitors, and gain incremental revenue through third-party channels; VScape® Digital Asset Management System, an enterprise-level digital asset management and distribution tool that helps hotel chains better source, manage, organize, store, and publish media assets to direct and indirect online travel channels; and MediaConnect, advanced connectivity for travel websites to access the industry"s definitive source of normalized hotel certified visual content.
For more information about Leonardo, visit leonardo.com.