Young Travel Leaders Conference Announces New Steering Committee for 2014
industry's brightest young leaders to serve as Steering Committee members for the newly rebranded 2014 Young Travel Leaders Conference (YTLC).
provides a forum for under-40 travel professionals to showcase industry talent and foster peer-to-peer networking, career development and information-sharing.
The Steering Committee will guide the Young Travel Leaders Conference's dynamic networking andrelevant educational programming. Its members include:
- Carole Anne Hughs, VWT coordinator, Valerie Wilson Travel, New York
- Andrey Zakharenko, owner and founder, Russian Connections, San Francisco
- Ryan Mielke, manager, Regency Travel, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- DeAnne Petritz, director, leisure travel, CI Travel, Virginia Beach, Va.
- Heather Christopher, manager, Classic Travel at Tacketts Mill, Woodbridge, Va.
- Daniela Harrison, travel consultant, Avenues of the World Travel, Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Chris O'Connor, travel consultant, Allure Travel, a division of Corporate Travel Management, Denver
- Bernadette Sperrazza, leisure travel enthusiast, The World Awaits Travel, Brooklyn, New York
- Katelyn O'Shaughnessy, luxury travel planner, TravelStore, Brentwood, Calif.
- Caroline Bracewell, Atlanta-based luxury travel consultant, Easy Escapes Travel, New York
The committee represents front-line travel advisors as well as owners and managers from bothaffiliated and non-affiliated agencies that represent major consortia organizations including Virtuoso, Vacation.com, Ensemble, American Express and Signature.
"It's always exciting to see a healthy mix of agents who have been with us since day one and agentswho are attending for the first time," said Joe Pike, senior editor of Travel Agent magazine and co-chair of the event. "The show always evolves, whether it be an increase in interactive sessions or simply a spike in excitement from our attendees. I'm excited to see where this year's show will take us."
Peer-to-peer networking was the number-one reason cited for YTLC attendance in 2013. "The level ofexpertise ranges from a few years in the industry to over a decade of travel selling," he said.
Registration will open in late spring. Sponsorship opportunities are available but limited. All YTLCparticipants will receive complimentary admission to LTX, Dec. 9-11 at The Palazzo® Las Vegas.
Produced by Luxury Travel Advisor and Travel Agent magazines, YLC is the first and only industrywideforum created exclusively for the under-40 travel professional. For more information, visit YoungTravelLeaders.com/Conference or connect on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
RDR PR LLC
Questex is a leading global business information and events company serving corporate and government clients and industries that are driving economic growth and business innovation around the world.
The company drives business investment, innovation and demand-creation in the markets it serves by bringing together investors, buyers, sellers and professionals through its over 120 trade shows, conferences and other business events, informing them through more than 100 business media and information products and supporting clients with a comprehensive platform of marketing solutions. Questex"s industry-focused business units include Life Sciences & Healthcare, Hospitality & Travel, Beauty & Wellness, Technology & Telecom groups.
Questex is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. The company employs over 350 dedicated professional staff members, who are located in offices throughout the United States, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. For more information, visit questex.com.