Choice Hotels Survey Shows Hotel Location, Room Value Most Important Among Business Travelers
companies, announced today the findings from its "Road Warrior Survey," which shows that 73 percent of business travelers value location when selecting a hotel, followed by room value at 61 percent. Free WiFi ranked third on the list at 55 percent.
compared with the 4 percent who prefer the lobby and the 10 percent who prefer to work from a hotel's business center.
"Choice Hotels 'Road Warrior Survey' indicates that more than 80 percent of business travelers workfrom their hotel while traveling," said Robert McDowell, senior vice president, marketing and distribution at Choice Hotels. "It's crucial that hotels cater to travelers' business needs and provide them with as many conveniences as possible."
Other findings from the survey include:
- 88 percent have stayed at a midscale hotel for business purposes in the past year.
- 76 percent book hotel reservations online.
- 59 percent count on the availability of express check-in and checkout.
- 60 percent have used a smartphone or tablet to check-in.
- 55 percent expect HDTV in their hotel room.
- 61 percent use their in-room coffee maker.
- 53 percent use their in-room mini-fridge.
- 51 percent use their in-room microwave.
- 52 percent expect ample workspace with additional lighting in their hotel room.
- 30 percent count on an ergonomic desk chair in their hotel room.
- 48 percent need access to a printer when traveling for business.
The Choice Hotels Road Warrior Survey was conducted by research company, Newlio(www.newlio.com) among 525 U.S. adults ages 21 and older who have taken one or more overnight business trips in the past year, between March 2013 and February 2014.
About Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels International, Inc. franchises more
Additional corporate information can be found on the Choice Hotels International, Inc. web site,which may be accessed at .
Choice Hotels, Choice Hotels International, Choice Privileges, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites,Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Cambria Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Econo Lodge, Rodeway Inn, and Ascend Hotel Collection are proprietary trademarks and service marks of Choice Hotels International Inc. and its subsidiaries.