PhoCusWright Announces 2014 Theme for The PhoCusWright Conference
"Disruption's Curve heralds the unexpected, celebrates the unseen, and challenges the global travel, tourism and hospitality industry to plot the unplottable," says Tony D'Astolfo, managing director, PhoCusWright. "While the worn-out phrase urges us to 'think outside the box,' to win outside it may be necessary to break the box entirely."
This year's PhoCusWright Conference is an invitation to contemplate how these impetuous agents serve Disruption's Curve:
- Confidence With the recession in retreat and travelers ready to venture out with wallets in hand, it's easy to be confident – especially when the numbers look good and projections are reasonable. The Curve doesn't care. There's no room for complacency. With risk comes your reward.
- Speed Cycles are shortening, explosive uptake enthrones new ideas and upstart disruptors rapidly steal share. There is no "wait and see." Travel companies that insist patience is a virtue could ride the all-too-quick Curve from off the charts to bottom of the list.
- Invisibility The Curve's unseen turns are the least expected and the most exciting. Beautiful design has the power to delight, but the best innovations may be the ones you don't see. Invisible technology takes ease of use to a new level. Travelers can focus less on the tech, and more on the trek. Everything. Just. Works.
- Delight Ease is essential, but not nearly enough to enthrall. The course of the Curve can change on any dime – especially one beautifully designed. Everyone loves a great time. Let's make travel planning more about fun and less about function.
- Indifference The Curve doesn't care if you're royalty, rookie or rogue. Today's consumers may be smitten with the latest app, but their allegiances are ever-roaming. Seductive new services and features beckon. True brand loyalty is hard won. And it must be earned again and again.
Disruption's Curve pays no mind to leading players or market maturity – only overlooked problems and big opportunity. It will neither beckon nor call. So how will you know? Which way will it trend? Where are you on Disruption's Curve?
About PhoCusWright Inc.
PhoCusWright is the travel industry research authority on how travelers, suppliers and intermediaries connect. Independent, rigorous and unbiased, PhoCusWright fosters smart strategic planning, tactical decision-making and organizational effectiveness.
PhoCusWright delivers qualitative and quantitative research on the evolving dynamics that influence travel, tourism and hospitality distribution. Our marketplace intelligence is the industry standard for segmentation, sizing, forecasting, trends, analysis and consumer travel planning behavior. Every day around the world, senior executives, marketers, strategists and research professionals from all segments of the industry value chain use PhoCusWright research for competitive advantage.
To complement its primary research in North and Latin America, Europe and Asia, PhoCusWright produces several high-profile conferences in the United States and Europe, and partners with conferences in China and Singapore. Industry leaders and company analysts bring this intelligence to life by debating issues, sharing ideas and defining the ever-evolving reality of travel commerce.
The company is headquartered in the United States with Asia Pacific operations based in India and local analysts on five continents.
PhoCusWright is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Northstar Travel Media, LLC. (116 32nd Street, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10001 United States).