Registration opens for 23rd annual world youth and student travel conference in Dublin - As research reveals 20% travellers aged under 30
registration for what it anticipates will be the youth travel industry's biggest event to date.
in Ireland to attend the leading global youth travel event which will be held at the Convention Centre Dublin.
Endorsed by the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) and UNESCO, travelprofessionals will convene from across 120 countries for the four-day itinerary of networking events, seminars and workshops which is now in its 23rd year.
WYSE Travel Confederation's Director General David Chapman said: "Our researchreveals that by 2015 the number of young travellers will exceed that of business travellers in terms of both international arrivals and overall revenue. What's more, this lucrative market is now estimated at being worth nearly US$200 billion every year with young people accounting for one in five international tourists and the market predicted to expand by 59% over the coming decade.
"As the only global event dedicated to youth travel's development, WYSTC'ssuccess lies in its ability to gather an entire industry under one roof. We hope 2014 will be the year that more businesses wake up to the value of this fast-growing sector and look forward to extending a warm Irish welcome this September to those keen to discover how best to tap into one of travel's most dynamic markets."
In addition to the seminars, think tanks and high-profile speakers that will beannounced over the coming months, key highlights organised during the show for visiting delegates include:
- Pre-organised Meetings: Once registered, delegates are given the opportunity to network and trade through organised business appointments. Each delegate is given the opportunity to meet 34 organisations from all over the world via a series of 20-minute face-to-face sessions which are all managed online and booked before the conference begins.
- Tech Tables: WYSTC will this year be hosting a number of 30- minute 'Tech Tables' throughout the event created to give delegates practical tips on how to make use of the latest technology to run their business better and keep ahead of the competition. Experts from across the industry will share their insights on topics from social media management and SEO optimisation to increasing web traffic and how to maximise technology in specific sectors, such as the hostel industry. Numbers are limited per session to enable the workshop leaders to give helpful advice to individual businesses on how to manage their own strategy and keep the sessions effective.
- Open Travel Market: Regarded as free trading time, delegates are encouraged to browse the exhibition h all to catch up with the many organisations attending WYSTC, find new partners, renew connections and discover the industry's latest products and services.
Early bird rates are available to those booking by 31 May 2014. To register or to findout more visit www.wystc.org.
Phone: +31 204212800
About WYSE Travel Confederation
- World Youth Student and Educational (WYSE) Travel Confederation is a global not-for-profit membership organisation dedicated to promoting and developing opportunities for the youth, student and educational travel industry.
- Founded in 2006 and created from the merger of the Federation of International Youth Travel organisations (FIYTO) and the International Student Travel Confederation (ISTC) - both formed after World War II to inspire young people through international travel and to help remove cultural barriers - the confederation brings together 60 years of youth travel expertise.
- Providing international travel experiences to over 10 million youth and students each year, WYSE Travel Confederation"s global community of over 800 members spans more than 120 countries from a diverse range of sectors.
- From adventure tour operators to au pair agencies, cultural exchange programmes to language schools, hop-on-hop-off buses to student insurance and youth hostels to volunteer programmes, WYSE Travel Confederation is the world"s most powerful network of youth and student travel professionals, connecting key industry players with decision makers and government officials.
- The Confederation is committed to understanding the ever-changing characteristics, motivations and needs of young travellers. By gathering, analysing and sharing important market intelligence with members, academics and government decision-makers, the unique fast-changing needs of the youth market is at the forefront of its activities as it seeks to accelerate the development of youth travel.
- For more information, visit www.wysetc.org or follow the organisation on Twitter,Facebook and LinkedIn.