Quadriga Americas posts positive FY 14 financial results and strong room growth
Positive growth continues built on global Sensiq IPTV platform and HSIA
The following final results are for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014 ("FY14")
- Net revenues rose 14.5% from the prior year with the biggest gain coming from installation revenues, driven from an accelerating room growth of IPTV and HSIA solutions.
- Gross margin increased by 47% driven by gains in revenues and efficiencies in labor costs from installations.
- Operating expenses remained flat against the prior year, highlighting management's effective control of costs and its commitment to improving operational efficiencies, whilst maintaining a standard of technical service consistent with industry standards.
- EBITDA grew by 44% from the prior year.
Sales achievements and product innovation to benefit customers
Quadriga Americas celebrated a number of Sales and Operational achievements in FY14 and introduced product innovations to benefit its growing customer base:
- The Sensiq contracted room base increased 87% from the prior year lowering CAPEX charges per room, due to scale and technology advancements, for example the company's "All-in-One Server Solution."
- The first and the only industry deployment of a non-STB SmartTV solution to run seamlessly on BOTH the Samsung and LG platforms with First Run Hollywood Movie Content from Hollywood's major movie studios.
- Following an investment in the Sales organization, Jeffrey Clement joined Quadriga Americas to provide Technical Sales support, and country-wide deployment of Smart-TV technology.
- Stable year-on-year viewing levels of First Run Hollywood Movie Content that produced guest revenue of over $30/room/month in the company's leading properties
- Notable brand signings including Hyatt, Starwood and Four Seasons
- The signing of Trump Doral added to the growing Quadriga portfolio of prestigious golf resorts, including Pebble Beach Lodge, Turnberry and Gleneagles.
- Multi-property contracts signed with the Sixty Hotel and Parker groups
- MGM deployment of Quadriga's HSIA solution ("QConnect") in the guest rooms and public spaces of the 1,728-room MGM Signature in Las Vegas.
- HSIA operational excellence with 0.075 Tickets per User recorded across the Quadriga Americas HSIA estate.
Christopher Sophinos, Quadriga Americas CEO, comments, "Quadriga's advanced technology allows us to deliver the same reliable software and hardware solutions in North America that our customers experience in other locations around the globe. This allows us to cost-effectively leverage our value proposition which we deliver in 53 countries, supporting the evolving business needs of global hotel brands including Starwood, Accor, Hilton, Marriott, Four Seasons and Hyatt." He continues, "For Quadriga Worldwide, I am pleased to report that the business financial performance remains solid: with FY14 revenues of over $110M and $20M of positive EBITDA."
Quadriga, the leading global provider of guest-facing technology solutions for the hospitality industry, provides a single point of contact for all fixed and mobile guest connectivity, communication and entertainment requirements. With offices in the USA, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, Quadriga integrates TV and mobile communications platforms, Internet, network and multimedia solutions, delivering operational efficiencies and new revenue opportunities, enabling customers to better compete in an interactive, interconnected and globally accessible world.
Through an ever-growing portfolio of products, services and content Quadriga provides customers with the flexibility and reassurance that they can obtain a complete and relevant technology solution that meets their business revenue, guest satisfaction and operational efficiency targets, all from a single partner.
As the hospitality sector expands globally, Quadriga's global footprint extends across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, India, key parts of Africa and Asia. This is being achieved through a combination of Quadriga's own operations and a distribution model into selected countries and territories. In the Americas, Quadriga is proud to partner and support the world's leading global hotel brands as well as distinguished establishments such as Motorcity Casino Hotel, Trump National Doral Miami and the New York Palace Hotel.
Quadriga has more than 30 years experience serving the hospitality sector, supporting more than 300,000 guest rooms and is the number 1 in Europe and the number 2 globally. The company has unrivalled expertise and more than 10 years experience in managing hotel networks, Internet provision and digital IP systems, with more than 100,000 Internet rooms . The company will continue to leverage its capabilities and deep knowledge of the hospitality sector to create solutions and products that harness the latest technologies and meet ever evolving customer needs and guest expectations. For more details on the company visit: www.quadriga.com
Group Marketing Manager
Phone: +44 (0) 118 916 7181