HTNG Releases Video Recordings of Industry Summits on Big Data and Cloud
Future Sessions to Cover Payment Systems, Distribution Systems, Infrastructure and Guest Room Entertainment Systems
Hotel Technology Next Generation (HTNG), the membership association that unites the world's hospitality companies and technology innovators to solve industry challenges, released full video recordings of the first two sessions of its Strategic Leadership Engagement Series (SLES). The SLES is a set of summits where senior hotel IT executives from across the industry meet with leading-edge technology providers to share perspectives on specific important technology issues facing hotels. Each provider presents its own industry expertise and thoughts on the issues in 30 minutes, followed by a moderated discussion with all participants.
both was the need for open standards to facilitate data sharing and cooperative cloud services, rather than proprietary interfaces.
Video recordings are now available at the links below:
- Managing in the Hybrid Cloud - sponsored by Professional Accounting Solutions, Inc., ResortSuite and SkyTouch Technology. This session addressed the increasingly critical role of big data in the modern hotel enterprise, with presentations and discussion covering how to use it, manage it and protect it as well as industry initiatives needed to support these activities.
- Big Data/Analytics - sponsored by Duetto Research and Teradata. This session addressed the complexities for hotels managing multiple systems, each of which is migrating from on-premise deployments into often-separate cloud computing environments.
HTNG also recently announcing plans for the second and third sets of summits. Topicsand planned timing for the sessions include:
- Payment Systems (September 2014)
- Distribution Systems (September 2014)
- Infrastructure (January 2015)
- Guest Room Entertainment Systems (January 2015)
Technology companies who are interested in engaging in these discussions withhospitality technology leaders should visit the Strategic Leadership Engagement Series page for more information about the program, sponsorship opportunities and fees.
Hoteliers and vendors are invited to suggest future topics for SLES sessions. Senior-level hoteliers interested in participating in future sessions should contact HTNG at email@example.com.
HTNG | Communications Manager
Phone: +1 847 303.5560 x204
About Hospitality Technology Next Generation (HTNG)
The premier technology solutions association in the hospitality industry, HTNG is a self-funded, nonprofit organization with members from hospitality companies, technology vendors to hospitality, consultants, media and academic experts. HTNG's members participate in focused workgroups to bring to market open solution sets addressing specific business problems. HTNG fosters the selection and adoption of existing open standards and also develops new open standards to meet the needs of the global hospitality industry.
Currently more than 400 corporate and individual members from across the spectrum, including world leading hospitality companies and technology vendors, are active HTNG participants. HTNG's Board of Governors, consisting of 22 top IT leaders from hospitality companies around the world, itself has technology responsibility for over 2.5 million guest rooms. HTNG publishes workgroup proceedings, drafts and specifications for all HTNG members as soon as they are created, encouraging rapid and broad adoption. HTNG releases specifications into the public domain as soon as they are ratified by the workgroups. For more information, visit www.htng.org.