HSMAI Revenue Optimization Conference (ROC) Focuses on Strategies, Best Practices, Innovation
advocacy and education for hospitality revenue growth, will host its 11th annual Revenue Optimization Conference (ROC) June 23 at the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles.
attendees in 2013. Nearly 60 percent of those attending were from the hotel sector representing 104 hotel companies (including brands, management companies, and ownership groups) and 54 individual hotel properties.
HSMAI's ROC is a one-day interactive program discussing current trends and bestpractices for companies in regard to revenue management, including challenges, solutions, and strategies to guide revenue optimization professionals. Attendees will be able to learn from and network with industry thought leaders. The conference is co- located with HITEC, the world's largest hospitality technology show, and features thought leaders and subject-matter experts in various aspects of revenue management.
"As an industry leader, HSMAI has a responsibility to help revenue managers stayabreast of the latest trends and best practices in this important hospitality industry discipline," said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president and CEO of HSMAI. "For senior hospitality professionals that want to stay ahead of the curve, the ROC will address the issues and challenges that they are facing, summarize the implications, and provide solutions and strategies for 2014 and beyond."
The conference features tracks on Strategy, Best Practices and Innovation, with topicssuch as reputation influenced pricing, filling the revenue management talent pipeline, and leading pricing practices, among many others.
A full list of sessions at ROC is as follows:
- Industry Economic Outlook - A panel of industry and brand experts on macro- and micro-economic trends that will impact hotel performance over the next 18 months.
- The Era of Disruption -
- A keynote presentation by Dr. Lalia Rach, Dean and Director, School of Hospitality Leadership, University of Wisconsin-Stout and HSMAI America's Board member.
- Translating Analysis into Action - Bart Queen, CEO & Remarkability Expert at Speak America, Inc., provides key techniques and gives revenue professionals the insights they need to better communicate their messages clearly, concisely and powerfully.
- Strategies Are Only As Good As We Execute! Today's Best Practices for Total Revenue Management
- DORM – Evolving from Director of Revenue Management to Director of Revenue and Marketing
- Play to win! An interactive revenue management simulation
- Net Revenue: Managing the cost of customer acquisition
- Diamonds in the Rough: Mining for Talent and Filling the Revenue Management Talent Pipeline
- Revenue Meetings: Do We Have a "Clue?"
- Telling a Story with Data
- Reputation Influenced Pricing: From Research to Practice
- Total RM Deep Dive – Total Hotel Profit Optimization is here…and this time we mean it!
- Total RM Deep Dive – Achieving Total Hotel Profit Optimization
- Leading Pricing Practices
- Directors of Revenue Optimization: When the Market Demands a Role Change
- Total RM Deep Dive – Optimizing Your Function Space
- Your Group Sales & Forecasting Methodologies are Broken
HSMAI is also offering a special hands-on workshop, Translating Analysis into Action from 9 a.m. to noon June 24.There is also a Certified Revenue Management Executive Review Course scheduled that same day that will be led by Chris Crenshaw, CRME, Vice President, Strategic Development, STR, and member of HSMAI's Americas Board.
Additionally, HSMAI and Rainmaker will co-present the HSMAI Americas RevenueManagement Professional of the Year Award at the 2014 ROC. This award recognizes and promotes excellence in the field of revenue management in the hospitality industry.
The 2014 ROC is presented by Preferred Partner IDeaS, a SAS company. PlatinumConference partners include Duetto and Passkey. Silver Conference partners include Digital Alchemy, Infor Hospitality, MileStone Internet Marketing, Nor1, RateGain, STR, TravelClick, and TSA Solutions. The Bronze Conference partners are ChannelRUSH, flip.to, HeBS Digital, Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP), Maxim Revenue Management Solutions, PriceMatch, Rainmaker, Sceptre Hospitality Resources, Siteminder, TravelTripper and TripAdvisor®.
For more information on ROC or to view the complete conference schedule, visit www.hsmairoc.org. Earlyregistration ends June 9. Keep up with the latest in revenue management throughout the year by attending HSMAI's 2014 Revenue Management Webinar Series.
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners, and is the industry"s leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth. The association provides hotel professionals & their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as HSMAI Digital Marketing Strategy Conference, Adrian Awards, and Revenue Optimization Conference. Founded in 1927 and celebrating 90 years in 2017, HSMAI is a membership organization comprising more than 7,000 members worldwide, with 40 chapters in the Americas Region. Connect with HSMAI at http://www.hsmai.org,www.facebook.com/hsmai, www.twitter.com/hsmai, and www.youtube.com/hsmai1.
HSMAI is the leading association of sales and marketing professionals in the hospitality industry. With over 7,000 members in 35 countries, HSMAI is a global network of individuals, chapters, businesses and organizations. All industry segments are represented including hotels, resorts, airlines, cruise ships, car rental agencies, restaurants, attractions and theme parks, convention and visitors bureaus, destination management companies and reservation sales organizations.
As the regional chapter for the metropolitan area, HSMAI Greater New York serves a community of over 500 hospitality professionals who are committed to the highest standards of service and ongoing professional development.
Membership is open to anyone in hospitality sales, marketing or management as well as travel and tourism educators and service providers who support the industry. HSMAI continues to lead the industry by providing education and market research to its members.