EVEN™ Hotels Introduces Wellness-Inspired Leadership Teams at its Inaugural Properties
Team Member Announcements for Rockville, Md. and Norwalk, Conn. Properties Highlight Commitment to Holistic Experience for Wellness-Minded Travelers
EVEN Hotels Rockville property and the EVEN Hotels Norwalk property, respectively; Scott also serves as Brand General Manager. Alongside Scott and Dieter are newly hired leadership team members who will each focus on one of the four brand components of EVEN Hotels – Eating Well, Resting Easy, Keeping Active and Accomplishing More – and who will be instrumental in bringing to life the EVEN brand by delivering a consistent wellness travel experience to guests visiting the Norwalk and Rockville properties, which will both open before the end of June 2014.
"As part of the brand development process, we created purpose-driven job titles and job descriptions to attract team members who will be excited by the brand platform," said Adam Glickman, head of EVEN™ Hotels, IHG. "Wellness isn't just a way of life for our guests. A healthy lifestyle and the idea that we are each on our own wellness journey are also central to each of our team members. We look for team members who are passionate and motivated to help others achieve their wellness goals and stay true to their wellness routines."
Each of the new hires was selected based on not only a skill set or experience in the hospitality industry, but because he or she embodies the spirit of the brand and values wellness in his or her own life. The EVEN brand was designed around the idea that wellness means different things to different people, and the teams truly reflect that, with each team member on a wellness journey of his or her own. Their personal experiences, passions and expertise in different areas of wellness mean that the teams can support and inspire guests in a way that is unique to EVEN Hotels.
"When I first learned that IHG was launching EVEN Hotels, I immediately knew I wanted to be a part of the brand," said Scott Blakeslee, Chief Wellness Officer. "When starting my career in the hospitality industry, I was a fitness instructor and personal trainer; so naturally, I was drawn to the opportunity to help bring this incredible brand to life by drawing from my professional experience and personal lifestyle. The concept of EVEN Hotels and the experience the brand delivers are greatly desired by so many travelers who regularly sacrifice their routines and lifestyle while they're on the road, and I'm thrilled to be a part of the team to provide solutions for these travelers."
Similarly, the opportunity to launch EVEN Hotels is an honor for Dieter: "As an hotelier, I take immense pride in providing superior experiences to my guests, and the product and service EVEN Hotels provides guests is unlike anything I have experienced before. The opportunity to be a part of the EVEN brand and offer guests, who have far too long accepted that they must sacrifice their wellness routine while traveling, a better travel alternative is a dream come true. As a collective team, we cannot wait to share our wellness offering with our guests."
EVEN Hotels Rockville, Md. Core Leadership Team
- Led by Scott, the EVEN Hotels Rockville team includes Kristin Lesino, Accomplish More Director and Director of Sales; Sommer Billeadeaux, Keep Active Director; Emily Banko, Eat Well Director; and Tom Seok, Rest Easy Manager.
- Kristin Lesino, Accomplish More Director/Director of Sales,previously worked within IHG for The Generation Companies. Kristin is a certified personal trainer and specialist in fitness nutrition who enjoys helping guide others to achieve their own health and wellness goals. Outside of work, Kristin can be found at her local gym, working towards her own fitness goals as a national level figure competitor.
- Sommer Billeadeaux, Keep Active Director, previously worked for the Crowne Plaza® hotel in Charleston, S.C. Sommer's wellness journey began when she decided to commit to her own wellness two and a half years ago by cutting out processed foods and going to the gym regularly. She has now completed three half-marathons and multiple 10K races. As part of the EVEN Hotels team, Sommer brings her passions for hospitality and wellness together in order to inspire and motivate others to take control of their own wellness.
- Emily Banko, Eat Well Director, spent many years exploring new ways to maintain flexibility, strength and consistency, ultimately achieving a happy and balanced life. Emily is a certified Hatha and restorative yoga, meditation and Reiki instructor and was formerly a pastry chef at the Willard InterContinental® hotel. As part of the team, Emily will carry through her belief that as we help others, we help ourselves.
- Tom Seok, Rest Easy Manager, brings with him a passion for the hospitality industry and over 10 years of experience. Tom will work with guests to help them maintain a Zen-like balance within the hotel, believing that the activities we do and the food we eat are a major component of overall health.
EVEN Hotels Norwalk, Conn. Core Leadership Team
- The EVEN Hotels Norwalk team, guided by Dieter, includes Arleen Berardino, Accomplish More Director and Director of Sales; Karolina Viteri, Keep Active Director; Sam Schwartz, Eat Well Director; andAlistar Elcock, Rest Easy Manager
- Arleen Berardino, Accomplish More Director/Director of Sales, began her career in hospitality with IHG and gained experience across a number of hospitality brands. In her personal time, Arleen enjoys spin class and paddle boarding. A self- professed "foodie," Arleen believes in the four components of EVEN Hotels as the basis to a healthy life.
- Karolina Viteri,Keep Active Director, brings with her a vast knowledge of hotel operations and an eagerness to grow. Karolina began her career as a front desk manager and quickly proved herself, advancing to the role of general manager of a 99-room hotel. She believes in the importance of work-life balance, and after a long day of work, finds cooking her method of relaxation.
- Sam Schwartz, Eat Well Director, has worked both overseas and in the United States for the past 18 years and has extensive experience managing a variety of restaurants, from full-service dining establishments to quick-service sandwich shops and juice bars. An avid gardener with an organic garden in his back yard, Sam recently turned his attention to hotel F&B and looks forward to introducing travelers to a healthier, wholesome hotel food and beverage experience at EVEN Hotels.
- Alistar Elcock, Rest Easy Manager, moved to the United States at the age of 19 from Trinidad and Tobago, and began his hospitality career as a member of Carnival Cruise Lines. After 6 years, Alistar chose to continue his development as a hotel houseman, and within a few months, became housekeeping manager. A runner who enjoys soccer and personal fitness, Alistar is thrilled to combine his professional experience and enthusiasm for overall wellness as part of the EVEN Hotels team.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns more than 4,900 hotels and 724,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries, with almost 1,300 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, the world"s first and largest hotel loyalty programme with more than 88 million members worldwide.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group"s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 350,000 people work across IHG"s hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit www.ihg.com/media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/ihg, www.facebook.com/ihg or www.youtube.com/ihgplc.