Minor Hotel Group Expands Technology Agreement with Leonardo
Leonardo’s Visual Content Management and Display Technology Selected by Minor Hotel Group to Make Hotel Visual Content Available to Travel Shoppers Globally.
- Bulk image uploading and automatic re-sizing and re-formatting to multiple sizes and formats according to travel website and device requirements.
- Identifying duplicate and rogue images using advanced algorithms.
- Distributing hotel property images directly to all four GDSs, Pegasus and 120+ channels as well as tens of thousands of forward distribution channels.
- Synchronizing content from multiple sources for multiple applications using XML connectivity with MHG's web content management system.
The agreement includes the implementation of Leonardo's Multi-Media Display Galleries within the hotel details pages of the Anantara, AVANI, and Per AQUUM consumer websites, beginning with Anantara. Leonardo's Multi-Media Display Galleries will enhance the visual experiences on MHG's sites by:
- Displaying multiple types of media including images, 360° virtual tours and video for each property within a dedicated gallery.
- Ensuring media is always available to and loads quickly for travel shoppers around the world through cloud-hosting using the world's most reliable Content Delivery Networks, distributed globally.
- Presenting optimized galleries to website visitors according to their software, bandwidth and device/screen size.
"One major driver of our decision to strengthen our relationship with Leonardo is the fact that our hotels attract guests from all over the world. Leonardo's extensive distribution network and cloud-hosted display technology are the best solutions on the market. Leonardo's technology will ensure that the visual content to help travel shoppers understand how spectacular our properties are is always right in front of them, regardless of where in the world they are conducting hotel research from," says Marcos Cadena, Group Director of Electronic Distribution for Minor Hotel Group.
"Travel shoppers are demanding greater visual experiences and they have little patience for slow loading web pages and rich content. This is why hotel operators like Minor Hotel Group, which attract guests from around the globe, need reliable and responsive technology to serve their rich visual content to consumers on the devices, channels and platforms they use to shop for travel online. Our extensive distribution network and cloud-hosted media display galleries will help Minor Hotels improve their performance on a global scale," said Leonardo's President, John McAuliffe.
About Minor Hotel Group
Minor Hotel Group (MHG) is a hotel owner, operator and investor, currently with a portfolio of 108 hotels and serviced suites in operation under the Anantara, AVANI, Per AQUUM, Oaks, Elewana, Marriott, Four Seasons, St. Regis and Minor International brands. Today MHG operates in 14 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa and the Indian Ocean. With ambitious plans to grow the hotel group to 150 properties, MHG continues to expand the home grown brand of Anantara and its newest brand, AVANI, plus continues to announce strategic acquisitions. For more information, please visit www.minorinternational.com.
Leonardo Worldwide Corporation is a technology company serving the global hospitality industry. Leonardo provides e-marketers at hotel brands, management companies, hotel properties and travel websites with technology solutions that help them better reach, engage, convert and satisfy travel shoppers.
Leonardo"s core products include Vizlly, a Digital Marketing Solution that makes it easy for hotel to drive quality traffic to their hotel website, convert more visitors, and gain incremental revenue through third-party channels; VScape® Digital Asset Management System, an enterprise-level digital asset management and distribution tool that helps hotel chains better source, manage, organize, store, and publish media assets to direct and indirect online travel channels; and MediaConnect, advanced connectivity for travel websites to access the industry"s definitive source of normalized hotel certified visual content.
For more information about Leonardo, visit leonardo.com.