DIRECTV Upgrades Hotel Entertainment Experience for Guests
Check In and Check It Out!
entertainment, is also the leader in entertainment solutions for hotels. The latest technology update to DIRECTV Residential Experience (DRE) and the introduction of COM2000, DIRECTV's next- generation HD, head-end video solution, are just some of the reasons why more and more hotels partner with DIRECTV.
provides the ultimate entertainment experience for guests. All while offering two distinct HD video solutions that are energy efficient for any size property anywhere in the country.
"DIRECTV's Residential Experience for Hotels is better than ever. Our latest technology delivers theultimate entertainment experience to business travelers and hotel guests around the country and is now available to all hotels over all wiring schemes," said Doug Eichler, vice president, Commercial Sales, DIRECTV. "DRE has helped hotels to develop loyalty among guests and continues to help increase revenue for their properties with a true 'home away from home' experience while they travel."
DRE's groundbreaking, advanced hospitality technology is now available to all hotels over all wiringschemes (home-run or loop-thru/daisy chain). Properties utilizing the DRE will benefit from access to hundreds of HD channels and exclusive sports programming, like NFL SUNDAY TICKET, a user- friendly interactive program guide and hotel PMS integration. In addition, DIRECTV's advanced technology solution lays the foundation for a more robust, interactive guest experience without additional hardware requirements.
Some of those features include:
- Fully customizable Hotel Welcome Page
- Interactive apps including Guest Messaging, Amenity Reservations and Express Checkout
- Seamless OTT content integration without taxing the hotel's Wi-Fi network
This Summer DIRECTV is introducing COM2000, DIRECTV's next
generation HD, head end video solution. DIRECTV sets the industry standard for equipment featuresand product reliability with COM2000. This second generation commercial head end product leverages the reliable and proven COM1000 platform, which has been the market leader since 2009. Key features for COM2000 include:
- Energy Efficient: Requires less than 225 watts of power consumption.
- 50% Cost Reduction from Previous Model: Scalable, small modular design reduces overall cost per channel by up to 50% for twice the HD channels over existing solution.
- Reliable and Adaptable: Highest density head end system that can service any size property or infrastructure.
- User Friendly: Configurable on-screen, scrolling program guide.
DIRECTV partners with hotels that want to offer the best in HD entertainment, stand out from therest and have their guests keep coming back. To find out more about DRE and COM2000, please visit:wwww.directv.com/hotels.
DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is one of the world's
Sr. Manager, Public Relations