The Peninsula Paris at a Glance
PARIS -- The Peninsula Hotels makes its grand entrance into Europe with The Peninsula Paris, setting spectacular new standards in design, luxury and comfort. The century-old classic building has been meticulously restored and modernised to create the latest example of Peninsula excellence.
- The Peninsula Paris is located just steps away from the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysées in the heart of the elegant 16th arrondissement, within walking distance to some of the world's most famous monuments, museums and luxury shopping districts
- A true Parisian palace for today – taking the very best of the old and discreetly modernising to become a thoroughly contemporary hotel, yet steeped in heritage, glamour and Parisian style
- An original "grand hotel", a magnificent heritage building dating from 1908, The Peninsula offers spacious public areas, expansive rooftop and street level terraces and some of the largest guest rooms in Paris
- Historical highlights include George Gershwin composing "An American in Paris" while staying at the hotel in 1928, while the Paris Peace Accords, negotiated by Henry Kissinger and bringing the Vietnam War to a close, were signed in 1973 in the salon which is today Le Bar Kléber.
- With interiors designed by Henry Leung of Hong Kong-based Chhada Siembieda & Associates Ltd and the architectural restoration spearheaded by Richard Martinet of Affine architecture & interior design, the building has been meticulously restored by teams of French master craftsmen, utilising traditional techniques in use for hundreds of years with the aim of preserving the heritage, authenticity and spirit of the building
- Guests arrive in true Parisian style with two grand Lobby entrances – the Avenue Kléber entrance leads to the traditional Peninsula Lobby with its meticulously restored soaring curved ceilings, magnificent drapery, marble floors and contemporary furnishings, and which offers all-day dining and the celebrated Peninsula Afternoon Tea. Meanwhile the hotel's main entrance on Avenue des Portugais is designed for arrival by car, with direct access to the hotel's own underground car park. A bespoke hand-blown Lasvit chandelier featuring a cascade of crystal "leaves" - a modern take on the plane trees lining Avenue Kléber - and a massive stone installation from Bhutan create a luxurious sense of arrival in this second lobby area
- Elements of the modernisation process include excavating three basement levels, housing a stunning swimming pool, spa, car park and other facilities
- 200 luxurious rooms, including 34 sumptuous suites, with five featuring their own private rooftop gardens with spectacular views over Paris
- Soft grey and cream hues are accented with high-gloss lacquered architectural features and designed to perfection with distinct Parisian influences, signature Peninsula functionality, grand ceilings, meticulously curated artworks, elegant furniture, stunning lighting and marble bathrooms
- The most bespoke guest rooms in the world - revolutionary in-room tablet technology sets new standards of guest personalisation, with fully customised interactive digital bedside and desk tablets preset in one of 11 languages
- A unique collection of specially curated contemporary artworks, including major installations by internationally celebrated artists Ben Jakober and Xavier Corberó – widely acclaimed as Spain's foremost living sculptor
- Six F&B venues offer the very best of France and The Peninsula – The Lobby, Lili Chinese restaurant, the Kléber Terrace, the Kléber Bar, the cigar lounge and L'Oiseau Blanc rooftop restaurant, bar and terrace with 360° views over Paris
- Stunning panoramic vistas of the City of Light from the L'Oiseau Blanc rooftop restaurant, lounge and bar, together with private rooftop terrace gardens for five exclusive suites
- Café society on Paris' only outdoor hotel terrace – diners can see and be seen at the al fresco streetside Kléber Terrace for all-day international and Cantonese dining, protected from the elements by a futuristic glass and stainless steel canopy
- Extensive Spa, offering spa treatments by ESPA, Fitness Centre and swimming pool
- Limousine fleet including signature Peninsula-green Rolls-Royce, a magnificent vintage 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom II and two MINI Clubman vehicles
- On-site underground car park for 50 cars
About Katara Hospitality
Katara Hospitality is a global hotel owner, developer and operator, based in Qatar. With over 40 years' experience in the industry, Katara Hospitality actively pursues its strategic expansion plans by investing in peerless hotels in Qatar while growing its collection of iconic properties in key international markets. Katara Hospitality has set a target of owning and / or managing 30 hotels by 2016 and 30 more over the following decade. Aiming to become one of the leading hospitality organisations in the world, the company is supporting Qatar's long term economic vision.
Katara Hospitality currently owns properties spread across three continents, in Qatar, Singapore, The Maldives, Switzerland, France, Italy, Egypt, Morocco, The Gambia and the Union of Comoros. While partnering with some of the finest hotel operators, Katara Hospitality also owns its own operator brands: The Bürgenstock Selection and Merweb Hotels. www.katarahospitality.com
About The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited (HSH)
Incorporated in 1866 and listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (00045), The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited is the holding company of a group which is engaged in the ownership, development, and management of prestigious hotels and commercial and residential properties in key locations in Asia, the United States and Europe, as well as the provision of tourism and leisure, club management and other services. The Peninsula Hotels portfolio comprises The Peninsula Hong Kong, The Peninsula Shanghai, The Peninsula Beijing, The Peninsula Tokyo, The Peninsula New York, The Peninsula Chicago, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, The Peninsula Bangkok, The Peninsula Manila and The Peninsula Paris (expected opening in 2014). Projects under development include The Peninsula London and The Peninsula Yangon. The property portfolio of the group includes The Repulse Bay Complex, The Peak Tower, The Peak Tramways and St. John's Building in Hong Kong; The Landmark in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; the Thai Country Club in Bangkok, Thailand, and 21 avenue Kléber in Paris, France.