CHTA Elects New Slate Of Officers Led By Emil Lee, St.Maarten, For 2014-2016 Biennium
officers at its Annual General Meeting (AGM), held July 1, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency Miami. The officers will be led by Emil Lee, general manager of Princess Heights Hotel in St.Maarten, who was sworn in as president of CHTA during the AGM. Lee is the first person from St. Maarten to be elected to the association's highest post. Lee and the officers will serve the membership of CHTA for the 2014-16 biennium.
- 1st Vice President - Karolin Troubetzkoy, president, St. Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association and owner and executive director of Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain Resort, St. Lucia
- 2nd Vice President - Stuart Bowe, president, Bahamas Hotel and Tourism Association and senior vice president and general manager of Coral Towers at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- 3rd Vice President - Karen Whitt, director, Turks & Caicos Hotel and Tourism Association and general manager, Regent Palms Turks & Caicos
- 4th Vice President - Patricia Affonso Dass, immediate past president, Barbados Hotel & Tourism Association and general manager of Ocean Two Resort & Residences, Barbados
- 5th Vice President - William "Bill" Clegg, regional vice president, Franchise Service and Programs for Choice Hotels International
- Treasurer - James Hepple, president and CEO, Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association
Theresa M. Oakes
Phone: (516) 594-4100
Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association
The Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA) is a federation of 32 National Hotel Associations, with morethan 600 member hotels and over 300 allied members. CHTA is the largest representative of the private sector in the Caribbean hotel and tourism industry. We are the voice of the Caribbean hospitality industry for the development of the region in the highly competitive and sophisticated environment of international tourism. Today, tourism is widely recognized as a pivotal industry in the economy of the region - and CHTA functions as the common denominator for this industry in a region of diverse nationalities, languages and styles, identifying mutual problems and marshaling the resources of the active and allied members to devise solutions. CHTA represents all facets of the hospitality industry with more than 600 member hotels and over 300 allied members.CHTA, including the events staged by the association, is supported by Strategic Partners AskMe Inc., Clear Channel Airport Division, HVS, Interval International, JetBlue Getaways, MasterCard, OBM International, Tambourine and Travelzoo. For more information, visit http://www.caribbeanhotelandtourism.com.