Le Meridien Announces Campaign Designed to Enrich and Strengthen Coffee Culture in Hotels around the World
Le Méridien Espresso Shot. It takes 23 seconds to extract the perfect shot of espresso from 50 coffee beans. Here's all you need to know about the new Le Méridien Coffee Campaign in 23 seconds or less.
- Le Méridien reinforces its commitment to coffee culture with the launch of its new year-long Inspiration Brewed Here campaign and the appointment of Esther Maasdam as the first ever global latte artist for the brand.
- Esther was named Dutch Latte Art Champion four years in a row (2011 – 2014).
- She will create 12 works of destination-inspired latte art from around the world using Le Méridien hotels as her inspiration. She will travel to locales such as New Orleans, Hong Kong and London.
- Esther will also work with Le Méridien Master Baristas globally to develop local recipes and designs to help guests unlock the destination through coffee.
- Le Méridien will kick off the new campaign on November 11, 2014 at Le Méridien Vienna, coinciding with the hotel's 11th anniversary. Vienna is regarded as the epicenter of coffee culture.
- Destination-inspired latte art is the first phase of the Inspiration Brewed Here campaign. Le Méridien will continue to announce new coffee programming throughout 2015 at hotels worldwide.
- Inspiration Brewed Here combines two key passion points for Le Méridien – art and coffee.
- The signature Le Méridien Hub has transformed the brand's hotel lobbies into gathering places for creative and curious minds to meet and converse in a coffeehouse-like atmosphere. The Le Méridien Hub will be implemented in all Le Méridien hotels by end of next year.
- Last year, Le Méridien brand created a Master Barista role in the Hubs of each of its hotels globally.
- Master Baristas boast a technical skillset beyond making basic coffee drinks and undergo intensive training designed by Le Méridien and its global coffee partner illy.
- Since launching its partnership with illy, coffee consumption by Le Méridien guests has grown by more than 15% each year with guests now consuming 7.6 million cups of coffee versus 3.8 million cups in 2007.
- According to a global survey commissioned by Le Méridien, coffee surpasses sex as the ideal wake-up call according to more than half (53%) of travelers.
- The survey also found that an overwhelming 78% of people would rather give up alcohol, social media or sex with their partner for a year rather than forfeit coffee, and more than half (53%) of respondents said that if they were going to post a beverage on their social media accounts while traveling, it would be coffee.
- "Coffee and art are essential elements for creating the inspirational environment found in our Le Méridien Hub globally. Combining these passions through latte art is a natural extension as we help our guests unlock the destination whenever they stay with us." – Brian Povinelli, Global Brand Leader, Le Méridien and Westin
- "Le Méridien encourages its guests to unlock each destination via locally-inspired programming and cuisine with an eye for the arts. Merging my work in latte art with the inspiration that travel naturally brings is an exciting and unique challenge." – Esther Maasdam, global latte artist for Le Méridien
Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in some 100 countries and approximately 188,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®,Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, and Element®, along with an expanded partnership withDesign Hotels™. The company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information and stay connected @starwoodbuzz on Twitterand Instagram and facebook.com/Starwood.
Starwood Hotels &