LG Electronics Debuts New Hotel TV IP Set-Top Box, announces New Ott Content Partners At HITEC 2015
New Products Designed to Deliver Integrated In-Room Guest Experience
AUSTIN -- LG Electronics USA, the industry leader in hotel- and guest-centric display solutions, today introduced a new set-top box that will deliver IP (Internet Protocol) services on hotels' existing RF networks. At the 2015 Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition & Conference (HITEC: Booth 1511), LG also announced expanded Pro:Centric® content streaming partners and showcased its broadened line of commercial displays for hotel rooms and public spaces.
"LG's range of integrated and set-top box platform offerings gives hotel operators more flexibility in deploying IP networks. The result is a brand-new approach that creates a more streamlined architecture, which reduces the total cost of ownership for our partners and customers," said Richard Lewis, LG Electronics USA's vice president, B2B research and technology.
LG's STB-3500 is the latest addition to the Pro:Centric family, bringing the power and convenience of this popular Internet-protocol television (IPTV) platform to even more hotel rooms. Features include:
- Integrated Pro:Idiom® DRM and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 decoding for digital HD-PPV compatibility.
- Exclusive Pro:Centric interactivity platform that extends programming boundaries for hotels including the ability to run highly customized applications and services.
- Second-screen support, and options that include Smart Mirroring, DLNA, Wi-Di and Wi-Fi Direct, to allow system integrators to enable guests to use their mobile devices to share and view their content on the TV.
- Access to an expanded list of smart applications, including over-the-top video and music services.
Pro:Centric Enriched by Content Partners
Building upon LG's successful Pro:Centric interactive TV platform, a bevy of over-the-top (OTT) Internet-delivered content is now available for hotel guests thanks to a number of leading LG industry partners. Those confirmed include Rhapsody, Crackle, Vtuner and YouTube, with others slated to join in the coming months. The addition of these OTT services to the Pro:Centric platform further enhances the ability to provide access to a wider range of content options for guests, in a cost-effective manner.
More LG Solutions at HITEC
Other cutting-edge LG solutions for the hospitality market demonstrated at HITEC include the new ultra high definition UX970X and UX340X display TV series, as well as digital signage and video wall solutions designed for public spaces.
In-Room TV Solutions
Models in the premium LY970H and LY760H Pro:Centric Smart IPTV series are super-slim direct-backlight LED TVs featuring Full HD display capabilities, interactive services support and LG EcoSmart™ technologies. The Pro:Centric Smart LPTV Premium Slim Direct LED TVs are among most flexible hotel TVs in the industry. The LY970H and LY760H series are available in a selection of screen sizes ranging from 42 to 60 inch class sizes.
LG's LY570H series of Direct LED TVs features the RF-based Pro:Centric platform with support for Java and Flash based applications, and is available in 32-, 40-, 43-, 49-, 55- and 65-inch class sizes (31.55-, 39,5-, 42.51-, 48.5-, 54.64-, and 64.53-inches diagonal). Features include:
o LED display with improved contrast ratio and picture brightness along with lower power consumption in a more economical package.
o Supports embedded b-LAN for Pay-Per-View and Free-To-Guest system interoperability, integrated LG Pro:Idiom digital rights management and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 H.264 decoding for viewing of premium HD channels.
o Offers guests the ability to view their own content stored on portable devices on the TV thanks to the plug-and-play function with compatible Remote Jack Packs.
Public Space Display Solutions
In addition to its in-room solutions, LG offers a range of displays best suited for public spaces. Exemplifying LG's leadership in 4K Ultra HD display technology is LG's largest digital signage display, the 98-inch class (98.0 inches measured diagonally) 98LS95A, which is designed to delight both customers and end users.
The 98LS95A delivers 3840 X 2160 resolution in a 16:9 aspect ratio, displaying vivid images with superior brightness and an incredible level of detail – four times the resolution of 1080p Full HD displays. LG's In Plane Switching (IPS) panel technology helps ensure accurate color saturation and contrast at wide-angle viewing (both horizontal and vertical).
Perfect for hotel lobbies, retail environments and video walls, the slim bezel of LG's LV75A and LV77A displays offer a visually stunning communication platform that is easily installed, managed and maintained. Features include:
- Flexible content editing in various layouts is possible in a timely and cost effective manner without unnecessary expensive video wall console.
- TruMotion's™ 60Hz refresh rate reduces motion blur and judder and, as a result, ensures customer to enjoy crisp, clear video content.
- Reflects light for best image visibility and a clearer display in bright lighting environment, such as a window display, and is ENERGY STAR® 6.0 certified.
LG's MP700 Digital Signage Player is a hybrid type signage player, and can be used as a stand-alone or built-in media player. Benefits include:
- Thanks to 4 Display Port outputs (2 with High Bit Rate 2 (HBR2) mode), it can support multiple displays with high resolution (maximum 3840 x 2160) with one media player.
- Content management software Super Sign Elite-w lite is offered as a bundle.
- Offers the best solution for displaying UHD content, and supports playback for up to 4 Full HD video wall displays.
For more information on the full line of hospitality solutions showcased at HITEC this week, please visit: www.lg.com/us/commercial.
About LG Electronics USA
The LG Electronics USA Home ElectronicsBusiness-to-Business division serves customers in the U.S. digital signage, systems integration, lodging and hospitality, healthcare, education, government and industrial markets. Based in Lincolnshire, Ill., with its dedicated engineering and customer support team, LG Electronics USA Home Electronics Business-to-Business delivers business-to-business technology solutions tailored to the particular needs of business environments. LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $56 billion global force in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. For more information, please visit www.LGSolutions.com.
*4K video/broadcast standards still being developed.
Pro:Idiom is a registered trademark of Zenith Electronics LLC
Pro:Centric is a registered
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice.
LG Electronics USA