RoamBOOST is First-to-Market with Solution Solving Cell Signal Interference for First Responders
By adding ClearLink from Westell to its portfolio, RoamBOOST is alleviating potentially serious ‘Near/Far Effect’ Phenomenon; Visit RoamBOOST at HTNG 2016 North American Conference March 1 to 3
Pam Angelucci, senior vice president of operations for RoamBOOST, summarized: "The problem is complicated but can be explained in a few steps:
- A building has an in-building DAS (iDAS) with some but not all network carriers participating in the DAS.
- A person in the building is using their mobile device on a carrier network that is not represented on the iDAS.
- The person's device "powers up" dramatically to reach the carrier signal being transmitted from the outside source.
- The power up process causes the DAS to reduce its power to protect itself.
- This reduces the data throughput of the DAS.
- Traditional DASs also transmit broadband noise that raise the noise level for phones not on the DAS.
- Phones that are not on the DAS (e.g. Public Safety) experience degraded performance due to the elevated noise.
The iDAS essentially cannot perform optimally with strong signal interference and phones not on the DAS cannot operate optimally with the rise in noise and therefore performance degrades dramatically and quickly."
The Westell solution being brought to market by RoamBOOST intelligently solves this issue.
Next Generation (HTNG) North American Conference at the Omni Amelia Island (Fla.) Plantation Resort March 1 to 3.
RoamBOOST is a scalable Distributed Antenna System (DAS) solution for hotels that solves in-building cellular coverage problems throughout a property or in targeted areas. RoamBOOST is a division of RoamingAround, a provider of mobile engagement solutions designed specifically for the hospitality industry. Today, your guests live their lives on their mobile devices, and that's precisely where you need to reach them—before someone else does. From large conference hotels and upscale resorts to independent, intimate boutique properties, RoamingAround's powerful mobile engagement options can be customized for your property's individual goals and feature vital customer profile and back-end tracking tools for predictive analysis and measurable results. More information can be found by visiting www.RoamBOOST.com.
About Westell Technologies
Westell Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider of in-building wireless, intelligent site management, cell site optimization, and outside plant solutions focused on innovation and differentiation at the edge of communication networks, where end users connect. The Company's comprehensive set of products and solutions enable service providers and network operators to improve performance and reduce operating expenses. With millions of products successfully deployed worldwide, Westell is a trusted partner for transforming communication networks into high quality, reliable systems. For more information, please visit www.westell.com.
PRPRO for RoamingAround
Phone: (440) 930-5770