EMD Offering ‘Sound Advice’ at HD Expo
Designers, Architects & Contractors looking to integrate technology into their next projects are encouraged to visit Electro-Media Design and sign up for a FREE 30 minute consultation;
Hospitality designers and architects know how they want their projects to look, but understanding how they need to sound is another matter. When acoustics are ignored, the most beautiful ballroom can reverberate like a train station, and the most opulent restaurant can resonate like a cafeteria. Designers, architects and contractors planning to use presentation and entertainment technologies as design elements for upcoming projects are encouraged to visit Electro-Media Design at HD Expo in Booth 5198, to be held May 4 to 6 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
Unprecedented HD Expo Offer
As hospitality's leading AudioVisual Systems Design and Acoustical Consultation Group, EMD is offering 30 minutes of acoustics and audiovisual consultation with company Founder and President Jeff Loether at no cost to qualified HD Expo attendees who visit Booth 5198 and sign up for the service. The consult is valued at $100.
"The experts know how they want next generation spaces to look; we know how they need to sound," Loether said. "If technology is going to be integrated into the design – whether it's in event spaces, public areas, restaurants or even rooms – acoustics need to be factored into the design. Projects that require reflective hard surfaces may look appealing, but sound appalling. Nothing says 'quality' like 'quiet.'"
Expertise You Can Trust
Electro-Media Design Ltd. is an independent technology consultation practice specializing in the hospitality environment. As an industry leader, the company is focused solely on presentation and entertainment technology systems and acoustics to enhance the overall guest experience in hotels, resorts, conference centers and corporate facilities of all sizes. EMD does not sell or install equipment or represent any manufacturers or providers of those services. EMD consultants have no financial stake in making recommendations that are not in a facility's best interest.
In business for 25 years, the EMD team has successfully completed more than 800+ global projects. Jeff Loether has authored—and continuously updates—the Master Design Standards for Marriott International and supplemental audiovisual and acoustical "best practices" books that are used to guide the efforts of architects and developers for all Marriott lodging products. Loether also developed the Master Design Standards for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Loews Hotels, Ritz Carlton Hotels & Resorts, and Raffles Hotels & Resorts, and has contributed to the master design standards for Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts. His unique perspective led Loether to conceptually develop many new products and design approaches, frequently converging technology elements from various systems to enhance functionality, reduce system complexity and cost, and improve reliability.
Here's what industry experts have to say about EMD:
- "Everything you need to know about AudioVisual and entertainment design—including architectural and environmental acoustics—can be professionally conceptualized by Jeff Loether and his team. Hotel companies that don't work with EMD will end up spending double—or even quadruple—their investment because they will eventually need to readjust and retrofit their plans to remain competitive. The team is reputable, smart, current, and always looking towards the future."
– TJ Fimmano, President of the International Association of Conference Centres (IACC), Americas Chapter.
- "Today's hotel companies are focused on making investments that are thoughtful and smart. It isn't enough to just have the most lavish ballroom. Unfortunately, not all owners, operators, architects or designers have the comprehensive skill set to understand every aspect of the event business. Bringing in a third party like Jeff Loether and Electro-Media Design can ensure that rooms do more than just look good but also meet the needs of all parties involved."
– Andrea Belfanti, executive director of the International Society of Hospitality Consultants (ISHC)
- "For the past two decades, Electro-Media Design has been our source for authoritative, unbiased design information for hospitality AV and acoustics. The company's passion for excellence combined with their depth of experience with AV design, construction and operations benefits our Brands throughout the world." – Paul Sweeney, director of technical services, Marriott International
- "Electro-Media understands the AV business inside and out, and balanced the needs and interests of everyone involved. We highly recommend EMD to anyone looking for improved service and profitability in their hotel's AV departments." – Bruce Green, corporate director of purchasing, Loews Hotels
- "Jeff Loether and EMD are improving the world one meeting at a time. Event environments need to be supported by expert audiovisual technology design, and no one does that better than EMD. Proud to be their partner for 20 years." – Sean Anderson, vice president of operations, Sodexo Conferencing
Best of Both Worlds: AV + IT
Also at HD Expo, Electro Media Design will showcase its new strategic alliance with The HIDI Group (HIDI), designed to deliver more comprehensive AV + IT and Engineering services for today's competitive lodging environment with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Toronto, Quebec, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi. By combining EMD's 25 years of consultative expertise in hotel AV operations, audio, video, control, and related presentation, entertainment and communications technologies with HIDI's 40 years of multidisciplinary engineering knowledge, the global hospitality industry will now have a single authoritative resource with which to collaborate when planning new, or renovating existing, hotels and event spaces.
The HIDI Group specializes in the consultation of hospitality IT implementation, including:
- Communication Infrastructure services (cabling, voice, date, TV, WiFi, radio, telecom, and HSIA)
- Enhanced Cellular and Distributed Antenna Services (including network integration, phone systems, PBX, automatic call distribution and call accounting)
- Security Design (physical and electronic)
- Mechanical Engineering Design; Electrical Engineering Design (including low voltage)
- Architectural Lighting Design
- Risk and Resilience
For more information on Electro-Media Design, visit www.electro-media.com
Phone: (440) 930-5770
About Electro-Media Design Ltd.
Electro-Media Design Ltd. is an AudioVisual systems design and Acoustical consultation group with expertise in audio, video, control, and related presentation, entertainment, and communications technologies. The practice also includes AudioVisual Operational and Management consulting to address the entire AV systems lifecycle. As independent consultants over the last 25 years, EMD has provided consulting services for more than 800 projects globally, including: hotels, conference and convention centers, spas and resorts, government facilities, corporate board rooms, theaters and auditoria, schools and electronic classrooms, training and meeting rooms, courtrooms, places of worship, restaurants and nightclubs, sports facilities and venues, and command and control centers.