HAMA MEA Hosts First General Assembly
Professional Hotel Asset Managers and Senior Executives across the region attend the inaugural General Assembly hosted by Hospitality Asset Managers Association MEA (HAMA MEA) during the Arabian Hotel Investment Conference (AHIC)
The Middle Eastern affiliate of the globally renowned Hospitality Asset Managers Association (HAMA) hosted its first annual general assembly during AHIC 2016. The event was attended by professional asset managers & senior executives from leading Hospitality real estate investment organizations from across the region.
HAMA represents the interests of more than 400 professionals who are responsible for proactively increasing asset values on behalf of hotel owners worldwide. The newly-formed MEA affiliate is headquartered in Dubai, with members across the Middle East and Africa. HAMA MEA will seek to support the evolution of the hotel asset management profession across the region while furthering the Association's global footprint, which currently has established affiliates in the USA, Asia Pacific, Japan, China and Europe.
In a region where hotels require shorter periods of time to stabilize, ensuring that performance is sustainable is paramount, and HAMA MEA aims to deliver both the stability and the invaluable experience necessary in order to ensure sustainability and maximize value for hotel owners and investors. HAMA members are directly involved in hotel asset management, acquisitions, development support, financing and disposition of hotels and resorts and are immediately responsible for making decisions concerning capital investments, renovations, asset repositioning, operational policies and brand as well as management selection.
"'Expanding into the Middle East and Africa is a huge step forward for our organization as asset managers and owners worldwide face similar challenges and trends including branding, proliferation of OTA's, financial performance, capital investment decisions, impact of growth in home rentals, etc. We are extremely excited to have HAMA MEA join HAMA and our other affiliate chapters and we look forward to a long and productive partnership."said Maxine Taylor, Board Member & International Chair HAMA USA.
Officers & Board of Directors
- HAMA MEA President - René Beil; Managing Director ● Beaufort Global Partners
- HAMA MEA Vice President - Ahmer Naushad; VP ● Abu Dhabi Financial Group
- HAMA MEA Secretary - Rico Picenoni; Asset Manager ● Seven Tides
- HAMA MEA Treasury - Fred Novella; Managing Director ● Global Asset Solution
Non Officers & Advisory Board of Directors :
- Alain Debare, Chief Executive Officer ● Action Hotels
- Mustafa Al Hashimi, Chief Hospitality & Leisure Officer ● Wasl Hospitality & Leisure
- Joel Russo, SVP Head of Asset Management ●Kingdom Hotel Investments
- Roger Blackall, Director of Hotels & Hospitality Division ● Premier Group
- Harry Johnson, Chief Asset Management ●OMRAN
- Fredrik Jonsson, Head of Asset Managemnet ●Investment Corporation Dubai
Non Officers & Advisory Board of Directors Emeriti
- Christopher Knable, CEO Katara Hospitality
Phone: (703) 435-6293
HAMA members are involved in asset management, acquisition, financing and disposition of hotels and resorts and are directly responsible for making decisions concerning capital investments, renovations, asset repositioning, operational policies and management selection. Its U.S. members represent more than 3,500 hotels and resorts across every major brand, accounting for 775,000 hotel rooms, 250,000 employees, $40 billion in annual revenue and $3 billion in capital expenditures.