Top Items Vacationers Forget To Pack
- Hygiene and personal maintenance items. From dental supplies to moisturizers, travelers most often forget the basic essentials that are deeply ingrained in their daily routine as the mind, which is already on vacation, is more focused on swimwear, Ray-Bans and items of an aspirational nature.
- Medication and birth control. Romantic getaways are popular because couples often lose sight of the importance of personal connections with their spouse or partner. Yet family planning often escapes one's mind during the packing process, making it reasonable to assume many babies have been conceived in hotel suites. APRIL doesn't track this data, but the company has assisted many policyholders with medical needs, whether they experience an unexpected illness or require medication for a preexisting condition. And with "Stress Less" Benefits, policies payout instantly so travelers don't have to incur out-of-pocket expenses relating to applicable issues.
- WHERE'S MY PASSPORT?!?! All taxi drivers have heard those frantic words. Less fortunate travelers may discover they're lacking travel documents upon arrival at the airport. In many cases, passports may be lost or stolen while overseas. In any scenario, a comprehensive travel insurance policy with trip cancellation, trip interruption and trip delay benefits may reimburse the cost of unused vacation days as well as expenses incurred while the replacement passport is processed. If your passport is lost or stolen while on vacation, APRIL pays $150-$250 for replacement costs based on policy type.
- The case of the disappearing suitcase. Travelers are less likely to leave their entire suitcase at home. Yet, instances where they arrive at their destination without their baggage are all too common. This is one of the primary reasons travelers purchase insurance and why APRIL offers Baggage & Personal Effects coverage for up to $1,000 in its Economy Plan and up to $2,500 in its VIP Plan. Additionally, baggage delays exceeding 12 hours trigger payouts of $100 per day with the Economy Plan and $200 per day for VIP Plan policyholders, with a $300 or $500 maximum, respectively.
- Forgot travel insurance? This is unfortunately among the most common things vacationers forget. This is because few people anticipate all the potential scenarios in which it might prove useful from sickness, injury and death to job loss, natural disasters or supplier default. Confident in how its products and services stack up, APRIL invites travelers to check its customer reviews and compare its policies against others via aggregator websites such as InsureMyTrip.com, Squaremouth.com, TravelInsurance.com and TripInsuranceZone.com.
About APRIL Travel Protection
APRIL Travel Protection is owned by APRIL, an international group with 45 operational companies in more than 40 different countries. APRIL is listed on Euronext Stock Exchange and has yearly sales of more than $1.1 billion.
With its guiding principles to build trust, push boundaries, innovate and keep it simple, APRIL Global Assistance Network benefits from an extensive organizational structure servicing more than six million policyholders worldwide.
The company's U.S. division is supported by American Modern Insurance Group (an AM Best A+ rated carrier) as its preferred underwriter and is headquartered at 11900 Biscayne Blvd. Suite 600, Miami, FL, 33181. Visit www.AprilTravelProtection.com to learn more.