HFTP and Naseba Announce HITEC Dubai 2017 Advisory Council
The 20-member council met at Jumeirah Group's headquarters in preparation for HITEC Dubai, the region's largest hospitality technology showcase
The other members of the council are senior executives from leading local and global chains, and the solution providers segment:
- Chairman Marwan Al Ali, group CIO, Jumeirah Group
- Nigel Hattersley, senior director of IT MEA, Marriot International
- Radi Karnib, senior director of IT MEA and Turkey, Hilton Worldwide
- Iftikhar Hamdani, cluster general manager, Ramada Hotel & Suites
- Laurent Voivenel, senior vice president of operations and development for MEA & India, Swiss-Belhotel
- Mahmoud Kamal, CIO, Al Habtoor Group
- Md Amirul Islam, HFTP Dubai Chapter president, Dubai Parks and Resorts
- Mohamed Rizwan, IT director, JW Marriott
- Yazan Sabelaish, director of IT, Four Seasons Hotels Dubai
- Emilio Dragas, CEO, m3connect
- Naveen Bharadwaj, production director, Naseba
- Angela Dowell, meetings and events manager, HFTP
- Nicholas Watson, managing director, Naseba
- Frank Wolfe, CEO, HFTP
- Khushru Siganporia, director IT, Taj Hotels
- Fraidy Pinto, area IT director of Middle East & Sub Saharan Africa, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
- Jai Govindani, CTO, Red Planet Hotels
- Lijo Mathew Kankapadan, corporate director, Emaar
- Linda Griffin, group GM, Jumeirah Group
- Samir Abi Frem, corporate vice president, Rotana Group
- Sanjay Nadkarni, director of research and innovation, Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management
"The Middle East hospitality industry is one of the fastest growing in the world," said HFTP CEO Frank Wolfe. "Combining HFTP's 65 years of hospitality finance and technology education, regional expertise from an industry advisory council and Naseba deal facilitation will create the ultimate hospitality information exchange that the region has experienced thus far."
Some of the most important topics identified include: bandwidth and HSI, power of data analytics and intelligence, intuitive technologies, sustainable technologies and the future of management systems. There were also deliberations on the use of robotics, ethical implications of AI, blockchain and the rising risk of cyber-attacks.
Production Director of Naseba and HITEC Dubai, Naveen Bharadwaj noted: "Dubai is the regional leader of hospitality and an epitome of innovation. By bringing HITEC to Dubai and working with the expert advisory council, HFTP and Naseba aim to facilitate knowledge sharing, networking and deal flow amongst hoteliers and hospitality technology providers."
HITEC Dubai will feature an expo floor for exhibitors to showcase their latest solutions; and a summit floor for panel discussions, tech talks and pre-scheduled one-to-one business meetings between pre-qualified hoteliers and cutting technology providers.
In 2018, HFTP will bring back HITEC Amsterdam on April 11-13 in addition to the larger HITEC Houston on June 18-21. For more information about HITEC and HFTP's other international activities, contact the HFTP Meetings & Special Events Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hftp.org and www.hftp.org/hitec/.
For the latest news, follow HFTP/HITEC on HITEC Bytes, PineappleSearch, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter (@HFTP), Instagram (HFTP_HITEC), Flickr and YouTube. For more information about HITEC Amsterdam, contact the HFTP Meetings & Special Events Department at email@example.com, +1 (512) 249-5333.
About HITEC Dubai
Hospitality Industry Technology Exposition and Conference (HITEC®) is the world's largest and oldest hospitality technology exposition and conference brand. HITEC offers a unique combination of top-notch education and brings together the brightest minds and hottest technologies from across the globe to one place.
Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP®), producers of HITEC, will partner with Naseba, a business facilitation company, to bring the brand to Dubai. Making the event accessible to buyers from the lucrative Middle Eastern market, currently worth over USD 75 bn.
The show will offer an education program and exhibits. In addition, HITEC Dubai will feature a summit with one-to-one business meetings that have become the hallmark of Naseba's platforms. Hoteliers attending the summit portion of HITEC Dubai will be pre-qualified to confirm their purchasing authority, budgets, timelines and solutions of interest.
Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP®) established in 1952, is an international, nonprofit association, headquartered in Austin, Texas, USA, with offices in Hong Kong, United Kingdom and the Netherlands. HFTP is recognized as the spokes group for the finance and technology segments of the hospitality industry with members and stakeholders spanning across the globe. HFTP uniquely understands the industry's pressing issues and assists its stakeholders in finding solutions to their challenges more efficiently than any organization. It does this via its expert networks, research, certification programs, information resources and conferences/events such as HITEC. HFTP also owns the world's only hospitality-specific search engine, PineappleSearch.com. For more information about HFTP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download the HFTP/HITEC media kit via the HFTP website. Read industry updates on the suite of HFTP hospitality news sites: HITEC Bytes, Club Bytes, Finance Bytes and HFTP News.
Public Relations Manager