Mixing Business with Pleasure: Four in Five Travelers Squeeze Personal Activities into Work Travel
Taking the stress out of travel, Hampton by Hilton expands portfolio with new, convenient locations offering a strong commitment to service, well-appointed and comfortable rooms, and value-added amenities
MCLEAN, Va. -- The busiest month for corporate travel* is in full swing, inspiring Hilton's (NYSE: HLT) global brand Hampton by Hilton to conduct a survey which uncovered that four in five respondents had business trip secrets. The study, conducted by Wakefield Research**, found that these secrets were as simple as scheduling meetings for a Friday or Monday to incorporate a weekend stay (51 percent) or a little more calculating like staying at a less expensive hotel to splurge elsewhere, such as a pricey restaurant (37 percent).
Other noteworthy survey result findings:
- What Travelers Dread: 81 percent of business travelers dread either getting delayed and being away from home longer than planned, or managing a pile of work when they get back home.
- Rookie Mistakes: For a novice, the biggest reported mistakes were: arriving late to the airport or missing a flight (63 percent), packing more than needed (51 percent) or not packing appropriately for the weather (47 percent).
- Age Matters: Millennials are more likely to book their work trip with a personal interest in mind than their Boomer counterparts (87 percent Millennials vs. 71 percent Boomers).
For travelers seeking a hotel committed to delivering a warm welcome and accommodating service, Hampton by Hilton – the highest ranked upper midscale brand*** – added 24 properties to its growing portfolio. To complement the influx of conferences and trades shows in the fourth quarter, several of these hotels are debuting in business-centric destinations such as the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Oakwood Village Cleveland in Ohio, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Keystone in Indiana and Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Phoenix/Scottsdale on Shea Boulevard in Arizona. Cleveland and Phoenix**** are favored destinations by business travelers given their consistently on-time flights, reasonable cost of lodging and minimal traffic, while Indianapolis is high on the list for the large number of Fortune 500 companies that call it home.
"Business travel is just one of life's many obligations, and finding ways to turn them into 'obli-cations' to make the journey more enjoyable and less stressful is what Hampton by Hilton is all about," saysShruti Gandhi Buckley, global head, Hampton by Hilton."Opening 24 new hotels allows Hampton to continue welcoming business travelers seeking high quality, consistent and affordable accommodations wherever their trip takes them."
Hampton by Hilton also added the following properties to its U.S. portfolio:
- Northeast: Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Boston/Stoughton in Massachusetts.
- Southern: Hampton Inn by Hilton Bulverde and Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Fort Worth Downtown in Texas, Hampton Inn by Hilton Miami Airport East in Florida, Hampton Inn by Hilton Kernersville in North Carolina and Hampton Inn by Hilton Newport in Tennessee.
- Midwest: Hampton Inn by Hilton Big Rapids and Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Bay City in Michigan, Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Stroud in Oklahoma.
- Southwest: Hampton Inn by Hilton Salt Lake City Cottonwood in Utah.
- West Coast: Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Portland-Pearl District in Oregon and Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Mission Viejo in California.
Additionally, the brand is expanding its global presence with the following new international openings: Hampton by Hilton Freiburg in Germany, Hampton by Hilton Lublin and Hampton by Hilton Gdansk Oliwa in Poland, Hampton by Hilton Iasi in Romania, Hampton by Hilton Bogota Airport in Colombia, Hampton by Hilton Edinburgh West End in the United Kingdom, Hampton Inn by Hilton Tijuana in Mexico, and Hampton by Hilton Nanjing South Station and Hampton by Hilton Hefei Sanxiaokou in China.
Director, Brand Public Relations - Hilton Worldwide
Phone: +1 901 374 6518
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising nearly 4,900 properties with more than 796,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world"s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Hilton HHonors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits including an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi, as well as digital amenities that are available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton HHonors app, where Hilton HHonors members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.