The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), has named 25 hospitality professionals as the 2017 HSMAI Top 25 Extraordinary Minds in Sales, Marketing, and Revenue Optimization. The honorees will be celebrated during the HSMAI Adrian Awards Dinner Reception & Gala on February 20, 2018 at the New York Marriott Marquis, and in a private ceremony co-hosted by Questex Hospitality + Travel.
The HSMAI Top 25 Americas awards recognize leaders in sales, marketing, and revenue optimization of hospitality, travel, and tourism organizations for their accomplishments in the preceding 18 months. Selected by a panel of senior industry executives, "Top 25" awardees are high achievers who stand out through their creativity and innovation, cutting-edge campaigns and programs, triumph in challenging situations and efforts that resulted in dramatic gains.
"HSMAI is proud to pay tribute to this extraordinary group of hospitality sales, marketing, and revenue professionals," said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, president & CEO of HSMAI. "The Top 25 are innovators both at their own businesses—helping them thrive, regardless of the economic climate—and within the travel industry as a whole, inspiring their peers with creative solutions."
The HSMAI Top 25 Extraordinary Minds for 2017 are as follows:
- Chris Anderson, Chief Commercial Officer, White Lodging
- Krista Bentley, Strategic Accounts Director, Expedia Media Solutions
- Michael Cady, VP, Marketing, Charlestowne Hotels
- Adriaan Coppens, Chief Executive Officer, OTA Insight
- Kelly Dalton, Director of Communications, Best Western Hotels and Resorts
- Kyle Rutledge Edmiston, Assistant Secretary, Louisiana Office of Tourism
- Elliott Ferguson, President & CEO, Destination DC
- Leon Goldberg, Complex Director Sales & Marketing, New York Marriott Marquis & The Sheraton New York Times Square
- Terri Haack, President, Terranea
- Katie Johnson, Senior Director of Branding & Marketing, Two Roads Hospitality
- Christine Lawson, SVP, Loews Sales Organization, Loews Hotels & Co.
- Robert Levine, Vice President Hotel Revenue Optimization & Customer Care, Seminole Gaming
- Sarah Beam Lukas, Director, RitzCarlton.com, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
- Kerry Mack, EVP of Revenue Management & Distribution, Highgate
- Mariana Mechoso Safer, SVP, Global Marketing, HEBS Digital
- Chris Nixon, AVP of Revenue Optimization, Ashford
- Joelle Park, Senior Director All Suites Marketing, Hilton
- Tammy Peter, VP Distribution & Connectivity Strategy, Wyndham Hotel Group
- Tim Peter, President, Tim Peter & Associates
- Tim Sullivan, Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Cendyn
- Jenny Thomassian, Head of Travel Marketing & Sales, Google
- Amanda Voss, Vice President of Sales, Park MGM Las Vegas
- Dan Wacksman, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Distribution, Outrigger Hotels and Resorts
- Kurt Weinsheimer, Senior Vice President of Property Solutions, Sojern
- Ernest Wooden, President and CEO, Los Angeles Convention & Tourism Board
Tables and tickets for the HSMAI Adrian Awards Dinner Reception and Gala are still available for purchase. For additional information on the HSMAI Adrian Awards and "Top 25" list, visit www.adrianawards.com.
HSMAI is a global organization of sales, marketing, and revenue management professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. HSMAI has become the industry champion in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry while operating as a leading voice for both hospitality and sales, marketing, and revenue management disciplines, as well as connecting its members with customers. Founded in the United States in 1927, HSMAI is an individual membership organization comprised of nearly 5,000 members from 35 countries and chapters worldwide. HSMAI operates regionally around the globe via Regional boards of directors and staff. There are four regions: the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. Each region has signature programs and services for association members. HSMAI has a Global board that is comprised of delegates from each Region.