Beekeeper Offering 31 Point GDPR Assessment Checklist to Hoteliers Preparing for Compliance
Already GDPR compliant, the Beekeeper digital workplace app protects employees and hotel guests against data threats
"Our Data Protection Officer, Dr. Amir Ameri, compiled an important list of questions to ask when going through the compliance process," McCarthy said. "The first 10 steps are listed below. To access the full 31 Point Assessment, click here."
Beekeeper 31 Point Assessment to Ensure GDPR Compliance
- Does your company process personal data in an EU country or of EU residents? (Personal data is any data that may be used to identify a person, including technical, genetic, cultural, mental, economic, and social information.)
- Is your company familiar or registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework (https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome)?
- Does your company utilize technology to detect and alert a data breach (IDS / HIDS)?
- Does your Company maintain an inventory of all assets which process (transfer / store) personal data?
- Are your company's personal data flow channels identified?
- Is your company technically equipped to search for and permanently remove one individual's personal data?
- Is the concept of "Privacy by Design" incorporated in your personal data processing products and services?
- Do you apply a Privacy Impact Assessment in your product or service development lifecycle?
- Is permanent deletion of personal data according to a standard such as NIST (or other)?
- Does your company have direct access to all the systems used for their processing of personal data?
Disclaimer: These are the questions that Beekeeper has been using internally to assess compliance and, at the request of many colleagues, our CISO has been asked for his recommendations. These are not sanctioned by GDPR.
"One of the best ways hoteliers can start their journey to GDPR readiness is by using a secure communications platform that is already compliant," Ameri said. "In April, Beekeeper assembled a team to make sure every box on our 31 Point Assessment got checked. Our task is done. We encourage companies still needing assistance to visit Beekeeper's GDPR Hub and follow our journey to compliance here."
Hoteliers with questions about implementing GDPR best practices should visit Beekeeper's GDPR Hub.
Beekeeper is a digital workplace app where operational systems and communication channels live within one secure, intuitive platform. Beekeeper connects desk and non-desk employees across locations and departments in real time via mobile or desktop, and includes an intelligent dashboard to help companies improve internal communication and streamline business processes.
The company is based in Zurich and San Francisco, and supports users in more than 137 countries. For more information, visit www.beekeeper.io