OpenTravel Alliance VHack - Online hackathon to enhance the experience for the connected travel consumer
OpenTravel is hosting a series of virtual hackathons, with the first hackathon taking place in March. Unique cross vertical challenges focusing on interoperability will be presented to the developers. Along with other prizes, the winner of the hackathon will have the opportunity to have their application presented at the OpenTravel Advisory Forum in Amsterdam. If you are interested in providing your APIs which use OpenTravel messaging, or in sponsoring the event, please email Sandy Angel at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- What: OpenTravel VHack - Online hackathon to enhance the experience for the connected travel consumer
- When: Now through April 8
- Where: OpenTravel VHack
- Challenge: Create a web-based application that enhances the connected consumer's travel experience in a unique way, utilizing at least one of the provided APIs that implement OpenTravel messaging
- API Providers: APIs provided by MASAI Mobility Community, LinksRez and IATA NDC and cover travel verticals including hotel, car rental, ground transportation, air and more.
- Prizes: $1750.00 in cash prizes as well as opportunities for exposure including the winning applications presented at the OpenTravel Advisory Forum in Amsterdam on April 11-13, winners featured in a newsletter, press release and listed on OpenTravel's website.
About OpenTravel Alliance
OpenTravel Alliance is passionate about solving the problems inherent with connecting multiple systems within the complex travel distribution arena. Our mission is to enable the future of travel by driving the evolving digital experience for consumers. OpenTravel Alliance creates, expands and drives adoption of open specifications, including but not limited to the use of XML and JSON, for the electronic exchange of business information among all sectors of the travel industry.
OpenTravel Alliance is comprised of companies representing airlines, car rental firms, hotels, cruise lines, railways, leisure suppliers, service providers, tour operators, travel agencies, solutions providers, technology companies and distributors. Tens of thousands of OpenTravel Alliance message structures are in use, carrying tens of millions of messages between trading partners every day.
OpenTravel Alliance is a not-for-profit trade association, founded in 1999 by travel companies, with a primary focus on the creation of electronic message structures to facilitate communication between the disparate systems in the global travel industry. For more information on OpenTravel Alliance membership, new products, or projects, please visit http://www.opentravel.org or email email@example.com.