OpenTravel Alliance VHack - Online hackathon to enhance the experience for the connected travel consumer
OpenTravel is hosting a series of virtual hackathons, with the first hackathon taking place in March. Unique cross vertical challenges focusing on interoperability will be presented to the developers. Along with other prizes, the winner of the hackathon will have the opportunity to have their application presented at the OpenTravel Advisory Forum in Amsterdam. If you are interested in providing your APIs which use OpenTravel messaging, or in sponsoring the event, please email Sandy Angel at [email protected] for more information.
- What: OpenTravel VHack - Online hackathon to enhance the experience for the connected travel consumer
- When: Now through April 8
- Where: OpenTravel VHack
- Challenge: Create a web-based application that enhances the connected consumer's travel experience in a unique way, utilizing at least one of the provided APIs that implement OpenTravel messaging
- API Providers: APIs provided by MASAI Mobility Community, LinksRez and IATA NDC and cover travel verticals including hotel, car rental, ground transportation, air and more.
- Prizes: $1750.00 in cash prizes as well as opportunities for exposure including the winning applications presented at the OpenTravel Advisory Forum in Amsterdam on April 11-13, winners featured in a newsletter, press release and listed on OpenTravel's website.
About OpenTravel Alliance
OpenTravel is a not-for-profit trade association, founded in 1999 by travel companies, with a primary focus on the creation of electronic message structures to facilitate communication between the disparate systems in the global travel industry. At the dawn of today's online consumer direct bookings, OpenTravel created the necessary messaging standards to enable the power that direct bookings for consumers have become today.
The mission of OpenTravel is enabling the future of travel by driving the evolving digital experience for consumers. The vision of OpenTravel is the source for the most adopted, cross-industry technology standards that enable business solutions for connectivity driven by the travel community. OpenTravel is responsible for the technology that enables business partnerships to thrive by developing and maintaining interoperability for disparate systems. OpenTravel creates, expands, and drives the adoption of open, universal data specifications carrying billions of dollars in transactions over millions of electronic messages every year.