The Leading Hotels of the World Welcomes 13 New Members
NEW YORK, NY -- The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd is proud to welcome 13 new members to its curated collection of independent luxury hotels. Joining the more than 400 remarkably uncommon Leading Hotels are new members in France, Greece, Italy, Israel, Spain and the United States. Of these notable properties six are 2018 new openings and include both new builds and revitalized masterpieces: Hotel Lutetia, Katikies Mykonos, Mr. C Seaport, Relais de la Costa, Seven Pines Ibiza and The Drisco.
The Leading Hotels of the World new members include:
Atop the hills of the medieval walled city of Vence, next to the renowned village of Saint-Paul de Vence and overlooking the Côte d'Azur, Provence meets the French Riviera at breathtaking Chateau Saint-Martin & Spa. Take a scenic drive or private helicopter to arrive at this romantic property that encompasses 34-acres and boasts an 800-year history. Spend the days strolling through the property's olive tree grove, taking a dip in the pool, admiring local artwork, relaxing at the Spa Saint-Martin by La Prairie or playing a game of tennis. Savor the Michelin-starred gastronomy at Le Saint-Martin or the flavors of the Mediterranean at L'Oliveraie under a shaded olive grove.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: For wine enthusiasts, the hotel will gladly arrange a personal guided experience to taste and learn about the grape varieties by terroir in one of the property's unique locations: the underground wine cellar, the circular œnothèque or the stunning terrace with Riviera views.
Luxury arrives in the Left Bank with the opening of Hotel Lutetia in July 2018. The Lutetia was originally opened in 1910 by the Boucicaut family, founders of Le Bon Marché. After a complete renovation and refurbishment, it is ready to welcome guests again who will follow in the footsteps of iconic visitors like Picasso, Matisse and Hemingway. The hotel spans seven floors, with 137 guest rooms and suites and a striking penthouse with 360-degree views of the city. The Set Hotel's signature Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre spans 7,500 square feet, and the iconic Brasserie Lutetia, Bar Josephine, Salon Saint Germain and restaurant L'Orangerie complete the hotel's offering.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: As the only Leading Hotel on the Left Bank, guests can discover the uncommon attributes of Saint Germain des Prés with a private guided tour arranged by Hotel Lutetia. Gastronomic, historical or fashion and design inspired tours are curated for guests' personal passion. Insider access ensures special treats and behind-the-curtain experiences at many addresses in the "Parisian Village."
Opened in March 2017 on the historic site of the Antiquaille, Villa Maïa is perched on Fourvière hill with views over Lyon. An iconic French design team united in a quest for aesthetics and perfection. Interior decorator Jacques Grange, who styled the homes of Yves Saint Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld, noted architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte, who updated wings of the Louvre, and acclaimed garden and landscape artist Louis Benech, collaborated to bring this exceptional hotel to life. Connoisseurs of subtle design will appreciate the 29 guest rooms and 8 suites, along with the majestic 20-meter swimming pool and generously sized well-being spaces modeled after a Roman Bath overlook a wild flower garden.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: Villa Maïa recently purchased Château de la Chaize, one of the largest wine estates in Côte de Brouilly region. Only a 40-minute drive from Lyon, the hotel will gladly organize day trips for guests interested in visiting the property. Boasting more than 250 acres of vineyards, enjoy an introduction to the beautiful estate and variety of tastings.
Nestled in a gorgeous setting, on the sun kissed beach of Agios Ioannis, Katikies Mykonos opens June 2018 and captures the essence of chic seaside living only a breath away from the emerald Aegean. Built in an amphitheater shape with direct sea view, the hotel evokes the island's Cycladic spirit and cosmopolitan charm. 35 rooms and suites offer unpretentious refinement. Revive your senses in the abyss of the spa or with a swim in the crystalline waters of the hotel's beach-inspired infinity pool. A Mediterranean dinner under the starry Mykonos sky and night cap at the Champagne Bar make for a perfect night.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: Island hop via a private cruise on one of Katikies Mykonos' private Riva Boats to the 'Cycladic Sisters.' A journey that includes Mykonos, ancient Delos and Rhenia takes guests around the islands and to their extraordinary turquoise coves. Jump straight from the boat into the crystal-clear waters to admire the underwater life.
Kirini Santorini is found in the picturesque village of Oia, a lively area within easy walking distance to the panoramic promenade. Combining the classic, Cycladic architectural tradition with luxurious detailing, it boasts 26 serene suites with expansive views out over the famous Caldera. Intimate in scale and refined in style, the hotel provides guests an exceptionally sophisticated retreat, from treatments and therapies at the impressive A.SPA to the unique gourmet offerings in Anthós restaurant.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: Relax in a spa that is embraced by the earth, built directly inside the mountain. A.Spa is a true sanctuary for the senses, using the finest natural products from Greek "Apivita" and the Caribbean "Ligne St. Barth" collection. Try the Caldera Hot Stone Massage or the Aegean Wind body care treatment to connect to Santorini's unique surroundings.
Hotel Rosa Alpina is located in the heart of the Dolomites, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where three generations of the Pizzinini family have owned and operated the contemporary Alpine-style retreat. After a busy day hiking or skiing the 860 miles of runs, guests can enjoy the vibrant Lobby Bar, stylish library, or entertaining game room or cinema. For exquisite dining, the property's St. Hubertus restaurant boasts three Michelin stars and a team of international chefs that proudly focuses on the idea of "cooking the mountain." The Beauty Spa and 51 individually decorated guestrooms and suites welcome guests when they are ready to relax.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: In the summer season immerse yourself in nature at Hotel Rosa Alpina's private cabin. At 6,000 feet of elevation, the cabin is surrounded by the spectacular Dolomite and countless stars at night. Reachable by an escorted bike, hike or drive, the cabin allows guests to truly disconnect with limited electricity. Should guests prefer some luxuries, Rosa Alpina's chefs can make a special trip to the cabin to prepare a private meal.
The 22 room J.K. Place Capri offers discreet charm and home-like ease. Perfectly positioned on the cliffs of the island of Capri, the building was first inaugurated as a hotel in 1885 and rapidly became a point of reference for the nobility spending holidays on the enchanting island. Since its beginnings, the hotel has offered a direct pathway to the sea below. After a retreat to the beach or a day in the sun at the hotel's stunning pool, numerous dining venues suite all palates. Enjoy fine dining at JKitchen Restaurant or a famous Bellini on J.K. Lounge Bar's romantic terrace.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: Explore Capri from two different vantage points, by mountain and sea. The hotel will arrange for alocal hiking guide to lead guests through Il Passetiello, atrail originally used by local hunters to reach Mount Solaro. 360-degree panorama views over the island are included! From land to sea, an island tour on board of "Gozzo," a typical wooden Capri boat, can be arranged to visit the famous Blue Grotto or the less well-known Green Grotto, Coral Grotto and White Grotto. Only for the brave, end the tour by climbing the Faraglioni rocks.
Sitting in a privileged position in the tranquility of Piazza S. Maria Novella, J.K. Place Firenze is more like a sophisticated home than a hotel. 20 elegant rooms and suites create an exquisitely intimate experience for guests. Design aficionados will appreciate how different stylistic philosophies harmoniously joined together within the townhouse: a Charles X fireplace, neoclassical furniture and lamps from the 50s, fit perfectly with the sleek masculine soft-colored décor. In between forays to explore the city, retreat to the hotel for drinks or perhaps a homemade cake. Watch the world go by on the J.K. Terrace in the Piazza or on the private rooftop Terrace.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: General Manager Claudio Meli has carefully created an essential travel guide to his beloved city of Florence that is found throughout the hotel. After browsing through the recommendations, Mr. Meli is available, perhaps over an espresso in the J.K. Lounge, to offer insider guidance to each guest to create the perfect itinerary. First-time visitors or repeat guests will be introduced to new scents, flavors and sites in the iconic city with help from the hotel's experienced Concierge team.
In Sardinia's summer seaside hotspot of Porto Cervo, a former bed-and-breakfast has been reimagined as Relais de la Costa. Perfect for yacht-loving guests, the hotel opened May 2018, re-designed with the freshness and brightness of the Mediterranean in mind. Only 100 meters from the famous Piazzetta, Relais' pool, surrounded by lush greenery, offers calm respite from the buzz of the city. 21 well-appointed rooms and suites feature city or sea views from spacious private terraces, some with their own pools. From the property, guests are well-situated to enjoy the Costa Smeralda's most popular beaches, nearby exclusive shopping or a round of 18 holes at Pevero Golf Course by day, and the best of the area's dining and nightlife after dark.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: Explore the open waters on a sea safari with Relais de la Costa. On a sail into the crystal-clear waters, a welcoming and informative crew will introduce guests to their neighbors in the sea - whales, dolphins, sea turtles and more!
Carefully restored in the historic American Colony, The Drisco opened June 2018, occupying two exquisitely revitalized buildings in the former Jerusalem Hotel. The hotel was originally built by the Drisco brothers in 1866 and is steeped with the elegant spirit of a bygone era and turn-of-the century sophistication. Now, 42 rooms and suites are infused with modern luxury while paying homage to the past. While on property guests can enjoy several creative dining venues, a techno gym and end an evening at the lavish and lively Drisco lobby bar selecting from innovative and classic cocktails and premium wines.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: Eat like a Sultan at the hotel's Zada restaurant that serves fine Ottoman cuisine.19 century Jaffa was under the rule of the ottoman empire and in that spirit Chef Shahar Bitton cooks up a contemporary Ottoman culinary experience for guests.Chef's inspiration comes from special dishes that were traditionally reserved for the Sultan's table. A modern interpretation of those unique dishes, cooked in clay pots are served for diners' delight.
7Pines Resort Ibiza officially opened in May 2018. The seafront property is nestled in a pine forest on the west coast of Ibiza and perfectly perched on a cliff between the renowned Cala Conta and Cala Codolar. 186 suites are found in refurbished whitewashed Ibicenco homes that offer privacy and sustainable luxury to discerning guests. While visiting, wine and dine at the property's seaside F&B venues with innovative menus inspired by regional flavors and explore Ibiza's azure waters in style on the 7Pines yacht.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: Pure Seven spa is an oasis by the sea that provides unmatched R&R. Inspired by the Mediterranean lifestyle, it offers guests a holistic approach to wellbeing based on the key pillars of movements, nutrition, inner balance, beauty and wellness. Natural therapies, healthy eating and cooking classes, medical examinations and meditation or yoga classes overlooking the Balearic Sea provide guests with a total body and mind reset.
This June 2018 Mr. C hotel will make its debut on the East Coast as the second addition to the celebrated Cipriani hotel portfolio. The NYC property follows Mr. C Beverly Hills, also a member of Leading Hotels, and brings to life four generations of Cipriani traditions and hospitality excellence. 66 finely appointed guestrooms and suites create a contemporary, yet classic retreat in Manhattan. The hotel offers idyllic city views, along with Cipriani's famous cuisine and of course, their signature Bellini. Set in the burgeoning Seaport District, Mr. C Seaport is centered on Pier 17's iconic waterfront that serves as a cultural, dining, retail and entertainment anchor for Lower Manhattan.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: The historic Seaport District is newly revitalized, with meaningful investments breathing life into the iconic neighborhood. After checking out Mr. C Seaport's refreshing Italian dining concept, Bellini, guests can explore the neighborhood's exciting new entertainment, culture, restaurant and shopping developments. Highlights include concerts at Pier 17, shopping at Milan-based 10 Corso Como, and perusing Jean-Georges' new food hall.
On the edge of the Atlantic in cosmopolitan Miami Beach, Nobu Hotel boasts an ideal location in the midst of unparalleled shopping, dining, nightlife and tropical scenery. 206 spacious rooms designed by David Rockwell offer views toward world-famous Collins Avenue with intracoastal water views or the dazzling Atlantic. Three pools plus an exclusive Nobu pool that will debut this year, a private marina and luxurious beach service make soaking up the Miami sun effortless. A 22,000-square foot spa and fitness facility, Esencia Wellness, includes state-of-the-art gym equipment, daily fitness classes, plunge pools, saunas and hydro-experiences, and signature Nobu treatments.
- An Uncommon Experience Not To Miss: Culinary excellence is at the heart of the Nobu experience. Elevate your palette in the privacy of your own room with 24/7 room service prepared in Nobu's signature style, or opt for a more adventurous experience with The Omakase tasting menu at the popular Nobu Restaurant. For more relaxed dining, Nobu Hotel Miami Beach just brought a taste of the west coast to the east coast by opening the celebrated farm-to-table Malibu Farm restaurant on property in April.
About The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. (LHW)
Comprised of more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries, Leading Hotels is a collection of uncommon luxury hotels. Rooted in the locations in which they are found, members embody the very essence of their destination. Through varied styles of architecture and design and distinct cultural experiences enhanced by passionate people, the collection is for the curious traveler looking for their next discovery. Established in 1928 by several influential and forward-thinking European hoteliers, Leading Hotels has a nine-decade-long commitment to providing remarkable, authentic travel experiences. The company selects only hotels that meet its high standards for quality and distinctiveness, resulting in a curated portfolio of hotels united not by what makes them the same, but the details that make them different. Leaders Club is the company's exclusive tiered guest loyalty program, consisting of like-minded travelers seeking uncommon travel experiences. The program provides its members with personalized service and exclusive travel benefits to enhance their stays at any Leading Hotel around the world. For more information visit: www.lhw.com, Facebook at www.Facebook.com/LeadingHotels, Instagram @leadinghotelsoftheworld and Twitter @LeadingHotels
Phone: 001 212 515 5661