Intelity Celebrating a Decade of Hospitality Technology Development and Success
Agility is the secret to Intelity’s continued growth and ongoing success
[Orlando—July 11, 2018]—Last month at HITEC Houston, Intelity began celebrating its 10-year anniversary, and it's a milestone deserving of considerable pomp and circumstance. Now hospitality's leading global provider of integrated mobile and in-room guest-engagement solutions, the company is reveling in an impressive list of accomplishments and numerous industry "firsts" that few technology companies can boast. Its innovative and in-demand technologies have won numerous industry awards, and the company is continuing down a path towards becoming the broadest, most deeply integrated, comprehensive hospitality platform on the market.
"When we introduced ICE at HITEC in 2009, it was presented as a revolutionary in-room web concierge and back-end monitoring system that would drive guest experience, service, and personalization in the hotel and resort segments," he said. "It created a way to connect hoteliers with guests during their entire stay, and this real-time capture equated to incremental revenue opportunities and staff efficiencies. Today, Intelity serves as a single source for guest-facing solutions, including mobile and web technologies that turn travelers' personal devices into guest-service tools from anywhere in the world, and in-room innovations that not only enhance the stay experience, but drive revenues and boost satisfaction and loyalty. Being named the 2018 'Official Mobile and In-Room Technology Provider of the Forbes Travel Guide' is just one of our many accomplishments. I'm so proud of our team, and am honored to be serving such an impressive list of growing customers. We couldn't experiece this level of growth and success without you. Intelity will never be outdated, because we are always changing. In the decades to come, we will continue to be agile to meet market needs by developing even newer technologies."
Since its conception, Intelity has established a global presence with implementations on six continents at more than 750 hotels. The company has deployed 15+ brand applications with more than 150,000 guests worldwide using its mobile and in-room technology daily, 4,000+ hotel employees are engaging with the Intelity guest-service platform, and it has developed more integrations with leading hospitality solutions providers than any other company.
Here are a few of Intelity's noteworthy accomplishments:
- 1st In-Room Touch Technology - In 2009, the first in-room virtual concierge was installed. ICEtouch enabled guests to request hotel services using an in-room computer.
ICE claimed the 2009 Most Innovative Hospitality Technology Runner-up title by HTNG. It was the highest placing guest service technology in the Innovation of The Year category. The next year, it took home the top honor as "Most Innovative Hospitality Technology of 2010."
- 1st Guest-Service Mobile Technology - In 2010, Intelity's ICEmobile entered the market as the first customized application that transcended conventional informational tools to include full interactivity with all key areas of operation on and off the property. It enabled iPhone users to download the ICEmobile app before stepping foot on property. With the app, guests could enjoy the same functionality provided via ICEtouch without having to remain in their rooms or find a computer.
- 1st In-Room Touch Tablet - The same year, Intelity unveiled ICEcanvas to coincide with Apple's launch of the iPad. This tool enabled hoteliers to place in-room tablets at the bedside or at the desk to replace bulky in-room computers. Today, this product is known as ICEbedside.
- 1st Interactive Guest Services on a TV - Also in 2010, Intelity brought ICE to the guestroom television. ICEtv transformed the television into a guest self-service system, helping hotels boost on-property revenues, lower operating costs, and increase guest satisfaction.
- 1st Enterprise Mobile Application: Conrad Concierge - In 2012, Intelity partnered with Conrad Hotels & Resorts to develop the Conrad Concierge mobile enterprise platform. The app united all 23 of the brand's hotels globally into a single user experience. The following year, Conrad Concierge earned the coveted Hospitality Technology Visionary Award.
- 1st Multi-Tenant Solution Via Mobile - In 2014, Intelity became the first company to make hotel guest services available on guestroom tablets and on guests' personal connected devices with ICE hosted on the MICROS Commerce Platform™ (MCP). With MCP, hotels can integrate with several select solutions through a single management module.
- 1st to Offer Expanded Hotel Service Features on Apple Watch - In 2015, Intelity became the first solution provider to add operational features for hotel staff on the Apple Watch. ICE sends notifications about guest activity and requests directly to hotel management and staff on the Apple device.
- 1st Tablet for the Full- and Limited-Service Hospitality Segments - In 2016, Intelity released a new touchscreen tablet developed through years of feedback from global clients. The tablet provided high-definition viewing of rich web and multimedia content with the 8-inch IPS 1280x800 display.
In 2017, Intelity developed several new technologies for hoteliers and guests, including the Wrangler Mobile Device Manager that enables hoteliers to manage on-premises mobile devices and tablets used by guests and staff; a new Mercury Messaging Portal that enables guests to place requests with hotel staff via the messaging channel they choose, whether it be SMS text, or social media; MiKEY Mobile Check-in, Mobile Key, and Mobile Check-out that integrates with Bluetooth Low Energy locks; and, ICE: Mobile Dining, a tool that provides an out-of-room dining experience for guests using their mobile device while they stay at the hotel. This year, Intelity launched ICEvoice, an ambient technology that enables guests to speak commands for requesting services and controlling the in-room environment, including lighting, drapery and temperature.
Merger to Accelerate Growth, Scale
Also last month, Intelity announced a merger with KEYPR, making it the most mature enterprise platform available within the travel industry covering all touch points of the hotel guest and employee journey. Branded as Intelity, the combined company will be by far the broadest, most deeply integrated, comprehensive hospitality platform on the market. The expected result in revenue synergies and combined platform offering creates a massive separation from the next closest competitors in the segment.
"This important and strategic merger could not have happened at a better time," Adelson said. "What a better way to enter the next decade of service than by delivering a comprehensive set of integrated, high-value solutions and services to the hotel and adjacent industries. Intelity is on the move, and we are in a better position than ever before to pave the way for mobile technology integration and guest engagement."