EHL Group announces new leadership appointments in its consulting entity Lausanne Hospitality Consulting
- EHL Group, the holding company of Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL), announces new appointments at the head of its consulting entity, Lausanne Hospitality Consulting (LHC), and an ambitious roadmap for its future global expansion.
With this in mind, changes to the LHC leadership team are announced with the departure of Mr Yateendra Sinh from his position as CEO of LHC and the retirement of Mr Ernst Brugger, having reached the statutory age limit after serving 9 years as Chairman of the LHC Board of Directors. Both Mr Sinh and Mr Brugger were very successful in leading the creation and development of LHC.
Mr Jörg Arnold, General Manager of the luxury Zurich Hotel Storchen, is appointed Chairman of the LHC Board of Directors until 31 December 2018. As an Alumnus of EHL and seasoned Hotelier, Jörg Arnold brings with him solid know-how in hotel management and experience as a member of the Executive Committee of hotelleriesuisse, the Swiss hotel association, since 2015 and President of the Zurich Hoteliers association.
Mr Olivier Roux, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer of EHL Group, will extend his current mandate and assume the function of Senior Managing Director of LHC effective September 1st, 2018, in addition to his current role. Olivier Roux possesses extensive international experience and has a solid background in business development, crucial to the further expansion of LHC on a global scale. LHC will continue to focus on its 5 core business streams, strengthening the continued growth and innovation of the hospitality industry:
- People and management support, providing tailored talent sourcing and training as well as organizational structure review.
- Hospitality advisory services, delivering a full range of consulting services to hospitality companies in close collaboration with the upcoming EHL Innovation Hub, a hub dedicated to innovative research and development located near the EHL Lausanne Campus and home to the new LHC office.
- Solutions for Learning Centers, providing EHL's expertise and credentials to best-in-class international hospitality schools. This supports talent development for increased market demands and access to quality education for local students.
- Executive education, supporting EHL Group's objective to be a life-long learning partner and providing hospitality professionals with the latest skills and knowledge from a fast-changing industry.
- Digital education portfolio to enable LHC to support the needs of its certified schools and other clients.
"The hospitality industry growth continues to outpace the wider economy and there is strong demand for education and expertise within developing markets. With LHC offices in Lausanne, Delhi and Beijing as well as a network operating in more than 30 countries we now have a tremendous opportunity to support the hospitality sector's growth where it is happening." said Olivier Roux.
"Thanks to our experienced teams and the strong foundation LHC has built over the years, we are now in a position to further expand the operations of LHC and grow our activities for the future." announced Jörg Arnold.
Mr Rochat, CEO of EHL Group added "We are excited to further expand LHC's operations and deliver access to the knowledge and experience of EHL, widely recognized as the best hospitality management university in the world."
About EHL Group
EHL Group encompasses a portfolio of specialized business units that deliver hospitality management education and innovation worldwide. Based in Lausanne, Switzerland, the Group includes:
- Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) is an ambassador for traditional Swiss hospitality and has been a pioneer in hospitality education since 1893 with over 25,000 alumni worldwide. EHL is a leading university that provides a range of on-campus and online learning solutions, including undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs talented students from 119 different countries.
- The Swiss School of Tourism and Hospitality (SSTH) has been one of the leading hospitality management schools for hotel specialists for 50 years. SSTH delivers Swiss-accredited vocational training and higher vocational education in its newly renovated 19th century spa-hotel in Passugg, Graubünden, to Swiss and international students from 20 countries.
- Lausanne Hospitality Consulting (LHC) is a comprehensive hospitality solutions company, providing knowledge advisory, management support, people development, executive education, schools development and vocational training solutions
External Communications Manager, EHL