Customizable Rooms in Motto by Hilton
Highly Competitive Rates, Customizable Rooms and Coveted Urban Destinations Create a New Type of Stay for All Guests
The Motto Way
Motto by Hilton hotels around the world will show off their flexibility through spaces that have been cleverly designed, technology that makes traveling seamless and a standout sleep experience that makes recharging easier than ever.
- Guest Rooms: With an average footprint of 163 square feet or 14 square meters, the highly efficient rooms will include space-saving features such as wall-beds, lofted beds, segmented shower and toilet stalls, and multi-functional furniture that can be discreetly stowed when not in use.
- Linking Rooms: Eliminating the hassle of coordinating travel for larger groups, Motto by Hilton hotels will have the option for guests to book multiple connecting rooms in advance.
- Split-payments: Motto by Hilton hotels will allow guests to split payments between more than one person at the time of booking, avoiding the sometimes-complicated math exercise during checkout.
- Connected Room: All Motto by Hilton rooms will be outfitted with Hilton's Connected Room technology - the first mobile-centric hotel offering that allows guests to control features in their room (i.e., temperature, lighting, TV, window coverings, etc.) from their Hilton Honors mobile app.
- Curated Sleep Experience: Motto by Hilton hotels will put an emphasis on a premium sleep experience. Whether it is a premium mattress; a Sleep Kit with eye masks, essential oils or vitamin bars; a white noise app; blackout window shades; or sound absorbing materials throughout the room, Motto by Hilton is sleep-obsessed and prioritizes quality sleep for every traveler.
"The launch of Motto by Hilton emphasizes our relentless commitment to creating innovative brands that meet what today's travelers want," said Phil Cordell, global head of new brand development, Hilton. "The unmatched flexibility of Motto offers tremendous value by empowering travelers to tailor every stay to their specific needs."
While Motto by Hilton prices will vary by market, each property will offer competitive rates that will make it a viable option for travelers who typically stay with friends or family or seek out temporary housing options when traveling to urban markets.
The Making of Motto
Motto by Hilton takes a fresh approach to modern travel culture. It is a micro-hotel with an urban vibe in prime global locations.
Hilton evaluated the emerging lifestyle hostel model globally to understand the opportunity to enhance the shared room concept. But, extensive research showed that travelers who stay in hostels, in fact, do not like rooming with strangers and often book just with their friends or family. They want more from their hostel experience but are limited by current options in the market.
As it evaluated the existing market, Hilton quickly understood that what these travelers wanted was an affordable urban lifestyle brand - one that combined comfort and accessibility with travel and lifestyle trends that centered around:
- It's about giving travelers access to the best location - being in the heart of the city and in the most popular neighborhoods. Right neighborhoods make a difference.
- Authenticity: What does it mean to be "here"? Locality breeds identity, community, and ultimately, a sense of place.
- Affordability: Competitive rates that open the doors to cities and locations that travelers didn't think they could afford.
- Flexibility: One size doesn't fit all — choice is paramount. Multi-purpose spaces are growing in popularity because of the flexibility they afford.
"Following extensive market research that focused on consumers' needs and wants, we discovered the opportunity for a brand that offers travelers a trifecta of centrally located, reasonably priced and less traditional lodging that provide a one-of-a-kind experience," said Jon Witter, chief customer officer, Hilton. "These findings led us to create Motto by Hilton, a flexible environment that allows guests to design their stay, their way."
Hilton Announces Innovative New Hotel Brand; ‘Motto by Hilton’ Will Deliver Affordable Style in Coveted Urban Destinations
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 17 world-class brands comprising nearly 6,000 properties with more than 954,000 rooms, in 117 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world's most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2019 World's Best Workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 100 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can't buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.