Third Quarter Marked by Growth and Milestones for All Suites Brands by Hilton
Brand Category Unveils First Modular Build Hotel, Opens First Tri-brand Hotel and Celebrates 1,000th Opened Property
The All Suites brands by Hilton, consisting of Embassy Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Home2 Suites by Hilton, are in the midst of one of their most successful years on record. To date, the year has been marked by rapid growth across all three brands and numerous milestones including, the opening of the 1,000th All Suites property, unveiling of the categorys first modular build hotel, and being part of Hiltons first opened tri-branded property. In fact, by the end of the third quarter, the brands had already surpassed their growth goals for 2018 and are on pace to end the year with a pipeline of over 580 pending properties.
The combination of innovative development and operational strategies in 2018 has resulted in a year of incredible achievement for our brands, said Dianna Vaughan, global head and senior vice president, All Suites brands by Hilton. The All Suites brands have been part of major milestones for the Hilton portfolio and were exceeding our growth targets, all while laying the foundation for an even stronger 2019.
Brand Achievements and Upcoming Milestones
In addition to collectively reaching their 1,000th property, each individual brand from the All Suites portfolio achieved notable milestones in 2018, executing innovative brand initiatives along the way.
Embassy Suites by Hilton:
- Understanding the importance of staying attuned to the evolving needs of travelers and their expectations of hotel common areas, Embassy Suites by Hilton launched the Atrium Refresh program. More than 90 hotels have now completed the renovation that transforms the brands signature, open-air atriums into intimate social lobbies, while also enhancing guest suites, meeting spaces, and other communal areas of the hotels. By the end of 2019, more than 75 percent of hotels within the brands footprint will have completed the Atrium Refresh.
Homewood Suites by Hilton:
- The brand announced Rick Colling, as its new Global Head. Adrian Kurre remains global head of Home2 Suites by Hilton. Colling was promoted from Vice President of Brand Performance and Support. His extensive expertise and experience within the Homewood Suites brand has already driven strong results, mostly notably for the brands Take Flight renovation initiative. Over 200 Homewood Suites by Hilton properties have now completed the innovative design platform to retrofit existing properties with optimizations to create a new ambiance both in-suite and in the communal spaces. By years end, more than 230 properties will have completed Take Flight, with the remainder taking place in 2019, coinciding with the brands 30th anniversary.
Home2 Suites by Hilton:
- This year, Home2 Suites by Hilton opened its milestone 250th property, the Home2 Suites by Hilton Orlando South Park. The brand continued its incredibly strong growth, as one of the fastest growing brands in the Hilton portfolio and hospitality industry as a whole, and is already scheduled to open its 300th property by early 2019. Southern Hospitality Services broke ground on the Home2 Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North, the first modular construction project for Home2 Suites by Hilton. The property is pioneering the innovative building technique as the first modular build in the Bay Area.
In the third quarter of 2018, the All Suites brands by Hilton continued to set the pace for the hospitality industry in innovative development strategies and international growth with a fleet of new property openings including:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Landmark: Part of the brands focus on increasing urban locations, the hotel is located in a bustling city within one of the countrys largest states and just a short drive from many exciting local attractions.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton South Bend at Notre Dame: Opening just in time for college football season, the hotel offers another location in a high-demand area for travelers across the country during the school year.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Edina Minneapolis: Located just outside downtown Minneapolis in the picturesque surban location of Edina, the hotel is just a short drive away from the famed Mall of America and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland Airport: The brand delivered a prime location for travelers in the up and coming Northwest tourist hub with a complimentary airport shuttle that also drives guests to local attractions within a three-mile radius of the hotel.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago McCormick Place: Part of Hiltons first ever tri-branded hotel, this property shares a roof with Hampton by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn and is located steps from the largest convention center in North America, McCormick Place.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Montebello: This lakeside property is just minutes from the great tourist attractions of the City of Angels, from Dodger Stadium and the Staples Center, to theme parks for the whole family.
The All Suites brands by Hilton grew its pipeline this year with 138 new signed deals between the beginning of Q1 and end of Q3, bringing the total combined pipeline to over 580 pending hotels. Notable signed deals include:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Waco: Parents of students and alumni from Baylor University will soon have another convenient location to enjoy an extended stay back on campus. The property is slated to open in late 2021.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Honolulu International Airport: The brand is saying, Aloha to Hawaii providing trusted extended stay accommodations in one of the countrys most visited tropical vacation havens. This addition to All Suites brands strong portfolio of vacation destinations is slated to open summer 2021.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Euless DFW West: Home2 Suites by Hilton is delivering another outstanding lodging option for travelers moving through one of the countrys busiest flying hubs, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The estimated arrival date for this key airport location is early 2020.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising nearly 4,900 properties with more than 796,000 rooms in 104 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world"s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Hilton HHonors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits including an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi, as well as digital amenities that are available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton HHonors app, where Hilton HHonors members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.