HSMAI Announces 2019 Americas Board and Executive Committee
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) proudly announces its 2019 Americas Board of Directors and Executive Committee. The board is composed of a diverse range of travel and hospitality executives from a representative mix of HSMAI members.
"As we look to the year ahead, we're happy to report that the individuals on the 2019 HSMAI Americas Board are well suited to leading our organization during a time of innovation and rich possibilities for the hospitality industry," said Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHA, president & CEO of HSMAI. "The Americas Board members are purposeful, inventive, and definitely up to the task of ensuring that it is a a value-filled year for HSMAI members and other hospitality professionals."
Entering his second year as Chair of the HSMAI Americas Board, Mark Thompson, CHBA, CHDM, Senior Vice President of Tourism of VisitDallas, noted some goals for the year, "As we enter only the second year of offering Organizational Membership, the HSMAI Americas Board is proud to be extending the benefits of this new membership category to more than 60 world-class hotel and travel organizations," said Thompson. "The board looks forward to continuing to develop successful program offerings, such as Curate, for these organizational members, but we are also increasingly committed to continuing to deliver exceptional programming and resources to HSMAI's individual members and other travel professionals within the Americas at both national and chapter levels."
HSMAI Americas Executive Committee members:
- Chair: Mark Thompson, CHBA, CHDM, Senior Vice President of Tourism, VisitDallas
- Chair Elect: Marina MacDonald, CHDM, Chief Marketing Officer, Red Roof Inn
- Vice Chair: John Washko, Vice President of Exhibition & Convention Sales, Mohegan Sun
- Secretary-Treasurer: Andrew Rubinacci, CHSP, Senior Vice President of Revenue Management and Global Distribution, Omni Hotels & Resorts
- Immediate Past Chair: Jeff Senior, Vice President of Marketing, KSL Resorts
- President: Robert Gilbert, CHME, CHA, President & CEO, HSMAI
2019 HSMAI Americas Board Members:
- Calvin Anderson, CRME, Head of Commercial, Oyo Hotels
- Chris Anderson, Academic Director, Cornell University
- Brian Berry, Senior Vice President of Global Revenue Management, Hyatt Hotels
- Katie Briscoe, President, MMGY Global
- Derek DeCross, Senior Vice President of Global Sales, IHG
- Kieran Donahue, Vice President of Brand Marketing & Digital Americas, Marriott International
- Agnelo Fernandes, Chief Strategy Officer & Executive Vice President of Revenue, Terranea Resort; Chair, HSMAI Foundation
- André Fournier, Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Revenue, CoralTree Hospitality Group
- Bruce Gudenberg, Executive Director of Industry Relations, Hilton Worldwide
- Brian Hall, Chief Marketing Officer, Explore St. Louis
- Jay Hubbs, CHDM, Senior Vice President of eCommerce, Remington Hotels
- Michael Innocentin, Vice President, E-Commerce & Digital, North & Central America, AccorHotels
- Matt Jones, Head of Analytics, Travel, Google
- Sarah Kennedy, Chief Marketing Officer, Marketo
- Tammy Lucas, CHDM, Vice President of Marketing, Best Western Hotels & Resorts
- Flo Lugli, Principal, Navesink Advisory Group LLC
- Hari Nair, Global Senior Vice President, Expedia Group Media Solutions
- Garth Peterson, CRME, Area Manager - American Sales, IDeaS Revenue Solutions
- Mark Theis, Vice President of Sales Strategy & Operations - Americas, Hyatt Hotels
- Michelle Woodley, President, Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Lou Zameryka, Regional Director of Global Chains, Booking.com
The HSMAI Americas Board oversees three essential leadership groups, which comprise thought leaders and subject matter experts that serve on the Sales Advisory Board, Marketing Advisory Board, and Revenue Management Advisory Board. The 2019 Americas Board will also continue to support HSMAI's new Organizational Membership program which has, to date, attracted more than 60 organizations. These organizational members engage in conversations about leading industry issues at the innovative new HSMAI Curate: An HSMAI Executive Insights Forum events held twice each year.
The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI) is committed to growing business for hotels and their partners. As the industry's leading advocate for intelligent, sustainable hotel revenue growth, HSMAI provides hospitality professionals and their partners with tools, insights, and expertise to fuel sales, inspire marketing, and optimize revenue through programs such as the Revenue Optimization Conference, Digital Marketing Strategy Conference, and Adrian Awards. We offer organizational and individual membership across three regions — the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe, plus a chapter in the UAE — encompassing more than 7,000 members worldwide. Each region has geographic chapters and offers signature programs and services for members.