Scandic and SATS team up to help guests sleep better – testing sleep program at selected hotels
From today, Scandic's guests will be able to access a sleep program on the TVs at selected Scandic hotels. This has been made possible thanks to a partnership with the largest health club chain in the Nordic countries, SATS. The program is part of an expanded offering within health and wellness to help people have as great a guest experience as possible at Scandic.
- We care about our guests and want to offer products and services at our hotels that promote a healthy lifestyle. We know it can be difficult to get settled when you sleep in a new environment which is why we've launched the sleep program together with SATS. The program can help our guests unwind so they can wake up more rested and look forward to a delicious hotel breakfast, says Robert Wilhelmsson, Product Development Manager at Scandic.
Scandic already offers gyms in all of its hotels, healthy options on its menus and an allergy-friendly breakfast. The new sleep program takes Scandic's wellness focus to the next level in its rooms. The program is perfect for anyone who wants help to relax, whether during a break in the middle of the day or at bedtime. During the guided meditation, the focus is on breathing to concentrate thoughts and achieve inner harmony.
Guests will also be able to access other programs including relaxing yoga, calming meditation and high-paced Tabata sessions.
- Getting a good night's sleep is the key to good physical and mental health, and it's during sleep that our bodies repair themselves. We're very happy to be cooperating with Scandic through this program since sleep, exercise and a healthy lifestyle go hand in hand. We hope that Scandic's guests will appreciate the program and that it will help them enjoy better sleep and greater wellness, says Henrik Johansson, Product Manager at SATS.
The sleep program is a first step in developing on-demand TV services for guests. Scandic is also evaluating other solutions including connecting laptops and phones to TVs, providing information about nearby attractions and the weather as well as different channel packages. This is currently under development and will be launched during the spring at all Scandic hotels.
Scandic will test the sleep program at the following hotels:
- Sweden: Scandic Continental and Scandic Upplandsgatan in Stockholm and Scandic Karlskrona
- Norway: Scandic Lilleström and Scandic Karl Johan in Oslo
- Denmark: Scandic Glostrup in Copenhagen
- Finland: Scandic Vaasa and Scandic Helsinki Airport
About Scandic Hotels
Scandic is the largest hotel company in the Nordic countries with more than 280 hotels, in operation and under development, in more than 130 destinations. The company is the leader when it comes to integrating sustainability in all operations and its award-winning Design for All concept ensures that Scandic hotels are accessible to everyone. Well loved by guests and employees, the Scandic Friends loyalty program is the largest in the Nordic hotel industry and the company is one of the most attractive employers in the region. Scandic Hotels is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. www.scandichotelsgroup.com.
Phone: +46 709 73 52 31