Dream Job Alert: Days Inn by Wyndham Seeks Suntern for Overseas Adventure
Summer's hottest gig returns with aspirations abroad, offers $10,000 payday plus travel
PARSIPPANY, N.J. -- It's sun's out, shades on and passport-in-hand for one thrill-seeker ready to seize the days with iconic hotel brand Days Inn®by Wyndham. Back by popular demand, the economy hospitality leader is once again offering the hottest gig of the summer but this time with a global flair: the Days Inn "Sunternship" program.
For many Americans, bucket-list trips like the Days Inn Sunternship are purely aspirational, especially when student loan debt is at an all-time high and can impede travel budgets. According to the U.S. Federal Reserve, there are more than 44 million borrowers who collectively owe $1.5 trillion in student loan debt in the U.S. alone. Days Inn is here to help. In addition to paid hotel and air accommodations, this year's Suntern will receive a $150 daily travel stipend plus $10,000.
"We're continually dreaming up ways to brighten guests' stays at our hotels, fueling their days when they're with us and their wanderlusts when they leave us," said Patrick Breen, vice president, Brand Operations, Days Inn by Wyndham. "We believe everyone deserves a cultured, overseas experience - without deferring or prolonging student loans - and this mindset was the very inspiration behind this year's global Sunternship program."
While the 2018 Sunternship program focused on travel to some of the sunniest cities in the U.S., this year's post lets the recipient hand-select their journey under the sun - think London, Rio de Janeiro, Montreal, and beyond - staying at some of Days Inn's more than 1,700 locations along the way.
About the Role:
This customizable, two week-long dream job entails journaling and snapping sunny photos throughout an international jaunt in destinations with Days Inn locations, such as the U.S., Canada, Europe, South America and Asia. What's more, the selected Suntern will get major street cred. Photos and travel insight captured will be featured on the brand's website, DaysInn.com, and its social media channels, in the form of a digital travel guide.
- Travel to an international destination(s) for two weeks this summer.
- Document your adventures in a travel journal and share your top things to do and see.
- Capture as many sun-inspired photos as your camera roll can hold.
- A bright, creative, aspiring writer and photographer.
- At least 21 years old.
- U.S. resident with a valid passport.
- Open to new experiences, has a passion for travel and enjoys exploring new cultures.
- The ability to travel abroad for two consecutive weeks in August 2019.
- $10,000 payday.
- Paid hotel and economy air accommodations.
- A $150 daily travel stipend, allowing you to explore your sunny destination(s) to the fullest.
- Photos and journal excerpts featured on the brand's website and social media channels.
- Wyndham Rewards® Diamond membership.
- A glowing recommendation from a Days Inn by Wyndham executive upon successful completion of the Sunternship.
How to Apply:
- Visit DaysInn.com/Suntern by May 24, 2019 to submit an original sun-filled photo, as well as a 300-word entry describing your dream destination and why you belong there this summer. We'll assess applicants' photography and storytelling skills, and select the brightest person for the job.
For more information, or to see trip highlights and photos taken by last year's Suntern, visit DaysInn.com/Suntern.
About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: WH) is the world's largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties, with approximately 9,000 hotels across approximately 90 countries on six continents. Through its network of 804,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 20 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is also a leading provider of hotel management services. The Company's award-winning Wyndham Rewards loyalty program offers 85 million enrolled members the opportunity to redeem points at thousands of hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals globally. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.