New AHLEI Textbook Provides Latest in Advanced Food Safety Management Concepts
The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) has published a new edition of its food safety textbook, Food Safety and Quality Management, Third Edition, by Ronald F. Cichy and JaeMin Cha from The School of Hospitality Business, Michigan State University.
Previously titled Food Safety: Managing with the HACCP System, Second Edition, the new book has been significantly revised and expanded to include the most current advanced topics in food safety, with a focus on:
- Active managerial control: The new edition provides real-world examples from global industry leaders to illustrate best practices in food safety and crisis management, including a new chapter dedicated to allergen risk management
- Technology and innovation: The third edition explores the impact of the latest technology on food safety and quality management throughout a food service operation and beyond.
- Quality management across control points: The book demonstrates the return on investment with guests, staff members, and the bottom line when quality management is employed.
New features in the third edition of Food Safety and Quality Management include:
- Case studies, examples, and checklists describing global business best practices of active managerial control
- International examples not tied to American compliance-based certifications
- Two new chapters covering food allergies and food safety management systems and technology
- Content updated to reflect the most recent changes within the FDA Food Code
Food Safety and Quality Management, Third Edition, is also available in eText format through VitalSource, a leading global eReader platform.
About the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI)
Established in 1953 as the nonprofit education and training arm of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), AHLEI"s mission is to be the preferred provider of quality resources to educate, develop, and certify hospitality educators, students and professionals worldwide. AHLEI became part of the National Restaurant Association in 2017, connecting and leveraging the resources of two organizations that are deeply committed to a vision of career success and upward mobility for current and future hospitality, restaurant, and food service employees.