Atrium Hospitality Lends Green Thumbs to 100 Trees for 100 Years Challenge Celebrating Hilton’s Milestone Birthday
Majority of Atrium’s Hilton properties plant trees to support anniversary project
Atrium Hospitality's associates nationwide rolled up their sleeves in response to the challenge to plant 100 Trees for 100 Years in recognition of Hilton's 100th birthday in 2019. The initiative aligns with Atrium's supporting Hilton's Travel With Purpose commitment, including living sustainably. Alpharetta, Georgia-based Atrium Hospitality is ranked one of the nation's largest hotel owners and operators.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque in New Mexico: Hosted an on-site event to plant a Cleveland pear tree
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport Hotel & Convention Center in South Carolina: Beautified the hotel grounds with a Crimson Crepe Myrtle tree
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston in West Virginia: Added an ornamental tree to the hotel's exterior landscaping
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Concord Golf Resort & Spa in North Carolina: Planted two trees — a Crepe Myrtle and a Red Maple
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia Greystone in South Carolina: Collaborated to plant a Willow Oak tree in the hotel's parking area green space
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center in South Carolina: Acted as the Make a Difference team to plant a Coral Bark Japanese Maple tree
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville South Cool Springs in Tennessee: Planted two Magnolia trees
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City International Airport in Missouri: Cooperated across departments to plant a Colorado Blue Spruce tree
"Being a responsible community partner is at the core of Atrium Hospitality's operations, and we appreciate aligning with brands that foster sustainability as a mindset," said Atrium Hospitality President Daniel Abernethy. "I applaud our associates for embracing the 100 Trees for 100 Years challenge to celebrate Hilton's anniversary, ultimately making our hotels and communities a little better for years to come."
Atrium Hospitality is the largest owner and operator of Embassy Suites by Hilton hotels. Over the years, Hilton has recognized several properties within the Atrium portfolio, including with the Connie Award for being ranked among the best of the Embassy Suites by Hilton brand set. Hilton has also bestowed accolades to Atrium properties for community service and sustainability and for being the top-performing general managers, sales and front desk teams.
About Atrium Hospitality
Atrium Hospitality is ranked one of the nation's largest hotel owners and operators. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, the company oversees a portfolio of 82 hotels in 29 states, representing well-known brands such as: Hilton, Marriott, and IHG, among others. With nearly 10,000 passionate associates, Atrium operates 21,595 guest rooms/suites and approximately 2.3 million square feet of event space. Being a responsible community partner is a part of the Atrium culture, including supporting a range of civic and community activities. Atrium is proud to financially support the Clean the World® initiative of shipping recycled hotel soap and plastic amenity bottles for distribution with humanitarian purposes in communities domestically and around the world. In addition, several Atrium properties nationwide participate in Project SEARCH, a nine-month school-to-work program for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. For more information about Atrium, visit www.atriumhospitality.com.