Press Release: Remington Hotels Leads The Industry Forward In Post COVID-19 Response Across All 87 Hotels
Program includes enhanced cleaning procedures and revised employee training programs
Remington Hotels, a leading third-party management company that operates 87 hotels in 26 states across the United States, is rolling out new guidelines for all properties that include enhanced cleaning protocols and updated training systems, in addition to collaborating on best practices with multiple brand partners including Marriott and Hilton, to protect the wellbeing of guests and associates in response to COVID-19.
As part of the company's response, Remington Hotels aligned with an industrial hygienist to develop a COVID-19 mitigation program for all hotels that outlines procedures in the event of a guest or associate being infected. As well, each Remington Hotels property is now utilizing EPA-registered disinfectant products with proven efficacy in killing respiratory viruses, including COVID-19. Additional steps taken to enhance cleaning procedures include:
- Public Areas: All hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public spaces, with an emphasis on disinfecting protocol focused on "high touch" areas including door handles, public bathrooms, reception, stairwells, lobby furnishings/hard surfaces, guest laundry facilities, elevators and push buttons, corner pantries and bell carts.
- Food & Beverage: Foodofferings have been converted to prepared grab and go bags not to be consumed in public areas of hotels.
- Guest Rooms: In addition to thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting rooms between guest departures and arrivals, Remington Hotels utilizes OpenKey as a "contactless" digital entry tool that limits guest and employee contact. The brand also offers Pure Rooms at all properties, to promote wellbeing in the guest rooms by providing purified air, hypoallergenic environments and allergy-friendly options.
The health, safety and knowledge of Remington Hotels' associates are imperative to an effective cleaning program. To meet these criteria, the company has adopted the following heightened protocol:
- Enhanced Protocols for Operation and Training: With the new procedures and protocols in place, Remington Hotels has developed an updated training program to ensure associates are well versed in the new cleaning and guest interaction protocols.
- Well-Being Checks: Remington Hotels is instituting mandatory temperature checks of all associates when the associate starts their shift and additional times spaced out throughout the remainder of the shift.
- Handwashing and Protective Gear: Associates are mandated to wash their hands a minimum of every two hours, following the CDC guidelines. Additionally, associates are required to wear gloves and masks at all times.
Remington Hotels is supplying each of its 87 hotels with the proper protective gear to ensure associates can safely welcome guests and work together, including reusable masks from fellow Texas-based company, Dallas Wear Uniforms. The company, which traditionally makes uniforms for sports teams, has repurposed its factory to manufacture PPE due to COVID-19.
Further, company leadership, including Rob Carl, COO Stan Kennedy and Senior VP of Operations Joe Masi, represent Remington Hotels on several leading industry committees who are collaboratively working towards determining best practices moving forward, including AHLA's Stay Safe Advisory Council, Hilton's CleanStay and Marriott's Global Cleanliness Council. In turn, Remington Hotels leadership is implementing key learnings from these committees across the company's hotels.
"We hope that these enhanced measures will help provide both our staff and guests with a sense of ease in these difficult times," says Stan Kennedy, COO of Remington Hotels. "We look forward to continue welcoming our valued guests to our properties across the country thus allowing us to bring our associates back from furlough."
ABOUT REMINGTON HOTELS
Remington is a dynamic and growing hotel management company providing top quality service and expertise in property management. Founded in 1968, the hospitality group has grown into a strong, industry-leading service provider and today manages 87 hotels in 26 states across 17 brands, including 12 independent and boutique properties. At Remington, we believe that our people are the ultimate source of our competitive advantage. We are proud of our reputation for consistently delivering outstanding results to owners and investors, as well as to our brands, guests, and associates. As a result of our success, Remington has become the place where passionate people thrive. For more information, call 972.980.2700 or visit www.remingtonhotels.com. #RoomToThrive