Kalibri Labs COVID 19 Industry Health Dashboard - UPDATED DATA 07/21/20
Observations/Trends - 07/21/20
- Across all rate categories, demand was down week over week. This is attributable in part to reduced demand, but also a result of the July 4th week having a favorable year over year comparison (7/4/19 = Wednesday; 7/4/20 = Friday).
- Despite the recent weeks declines all rate categories other than group and corporate are showing revenue improvements from the trough in mid-April.
- It is possible that the most recent surge in cases across U.S. could result in downward trends in demand in the short term/next few weeks. The unknown and evolving nature of both health and business restrictions will most certainly have some impact on hotel and travel demand.
- Without more defined and consistent regulations on group gatherings and social distancing practices at the national, state and/or local levels, and the corresponding confidence such measures would provide to consumers, group, corporate and government demand will most likely continue to suffer.
- Across the U.S., airlines Tickets - net purchased continue a week:week downward trend from a mid-June climb. This is most likely reflective of a growing lack of consumer confidence in near term travel due to recent surges in cases across most of the country.
About Kalibri Labs
Kalibri Labs evaluates and predicts revenue performance using its proprietary algorithms to generate the Optimal Business Mix for individual hotels, revealing the most promising opportunities to pursue along with specific direction on how to find and convert them. The HummingbirdPXM revenue strategy and benchmarking platform also includes the industry's most robust profiles for travel agent and OTA production. The Kalibri Labs database, updated weekly, is comprised of ADR, room revenue, room nights and acquisition costs from over 8 billion guest stays from almost 35,000 hotels dating back more than 5 years to give an expansive view of the U.S. hotel industry. Real estate developers, brokers, lenders, consultants, and others involved in hotel transactions use Kalibri Labs data to improve underwriting with a more granular view of benchmarks and trendlines for individual hotels, and almost 1000 markets and sub-markets for the U.S. These tools are enhanced with COVID-19 analysis to assist in modeling the future recovery curves.