Ascend Hotel Collection Welcomes New Hotels In Popular Vacation Destinations
Industry's Largest Soft Brand Continues to Resonate with Owners and Guests
ROCKVILLE, Md. - Choice Hotels International, Inc.'s (NYSE: CHH) Ascend Hotel Collection, a global portfolio of resort, boutique and historic hotels, is poised for continued growth. Amidst the current COVID-19 pandemic environment, the upscale brand is continuing to attract increased interest from independent hotel owners and travelers looking for unique, local experiences as they hit the road again. The brand opened the doors to seven hotels in the first half of this year and added 10 to its pipeline.
The Ascend Hotel Collection recently added several hotels in popular drive-to locations for travelers ready to explore again while also staying close to home, including:
- The Carvi Hotel New York: Located at 152 E. 55th Street in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, New York, this boutique hotel gives guests direct access to all of the "Big Apple's" iconic attractions. The hotel, recently redesigned in 2014, features contemporary design and amenities, including a rooftop terrace with 360-degree city skyline views. Guests have convenient walking access to top destinations in the area, including Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall and Museum of Modern Art.
- The Chandler at White Mountains: Situated at 30 Arlington Street in Bethlehem, New Hampshire, this hotel is located near several points of interest for guests seeking their next memorable adventure, including Whale's Tale Waterpark, North Country Climbing Center and the Mount Washington Cog Railway. Travelers can enjoy year-round outdoor fun ranging from skiing in the winter to hiking and mountain biking during the summer. The Chandler at White Mountains is also within walking distance to various restaurants and cafes.
- The Freeport Hotel: Located at 506 U.S. Highway 1 in Freeport, Maine, the hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 295, providing easy access to many of the area's top attractions and businesses, including the L.L. Bean headquarters, Maine Maritime Museum, Freeport Outlets, Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum and the Portland Observatory Museum. The Freeport Main Street Historic District is also a short walk from the hotel, featuring boutique shops lining the streets. Guests looking to take advantage of outdoor activities can take a short drive to walk along the rocky shoreline of Casco Bay and take in the white pine and hemlock forests at Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park.
- The Gin Hotel: Situated at 30 S. Main Street in downtown Lexington, Virginia, The Gin Hotel is nestled amidst the Blue Ridge Mountains, perfect for travelers looking to explore the area's stunning natural scenery while experiencing the town's southern charm. Originally built in 1926, this restored property offers mountain views from every window and is within walking distance of local restaurants and shops, as well as attractions like Haunting Tales, Virginia Horse Center and Virginia Military Institute Museum.
- The Port Inn and Cottages: Located at 501 Monument Avenue, in Port St. Joe, Florida, this boutique hotel offers modern accommodations with historic charm. The Port Inn and Cottages is located in the historic downtown area, within walking distance to a variety of local shops and restaurants, as well as Port St. Joe Marina, where travelers can find charter boats for offshore fishing, guide services for fishing in St. Joseph Bay and boat rentals. Centrally located along the forgotten coast, guests can also take a short drive to the beautiful shores of Port St. Joe, Cape San Blas and Mexico Beach, or enjoy other popular outdoor activities such as hiking and golfing at nearby attractions including the Port City Trail and Forest Park Par 3 Golf Course.
Ascend hotel guests can participate in the award-winning Choice Privileges loyalty program, rated a top hotel loyalty program by both USA Today's 10Best Readers' Choice Awards and U.S. News & World Report. Choice Privileges membership is free and offers fast rewards and exclusive member rates for those who book directly at www.choicehotels.com.
All Choice-branded hotels are participating in Commitment to Clean, an initiative that builds upon the strong foundation of franchisees' longstanding dedication to cleanliness with enhanced training and best practices for cleaning, disinfecting and social distancing. For more information on Commitment to Clean, visit https://www.choicehotels.com/about/commitment-to-clean-hotels.
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the largest lodging franchisors in the world. With more than 7,000 hotels, representing over 590,000 rooms, in over 40 countries and territories as of December 31, 2019, the Choice® family of hotel brands provide business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality lodging options from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments. The award-winning Choice Privileges® loyalty program offers members benefits ranging from everyday rewards to exceptional experiences. For more information, visit www.choicehotels.com.
This communication includes "forward-looking statements" about future events, including anticipated hotel openings. Such statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, including construction delays, availability and cost of financing and the other "Risk Factors" described in our Annual Report on Form 10-K, any of which could cause actual results to be materially different from our expectations.
© 2020 Choice Hotels International, Inc. All rights reserved.