Nominations Open For Sixth Annual ISHC’s Lori Raleigh Award For Emerging Excellence In Hospitality Consulting
The International Society of Hospitality Consultants (ISHC) today announced that nominations are being accepted for the sixth annual Lori Raleigh Award for Emerging Excellence in Hospitality Consulting. Launched in 2015 in honor of Lori Raleigh, founder of the Travers Group and executive director of ISHC 2000-2013, the award honors young, successful industry professionals with leadership qualities and a perceived bright future in hospitality consulting.
To be eligible for nomination, candidates must meet the criteria for ISHC's associate membership, as well as and including the following conditions:
- 35 years of age or younger at the time of the award presentation (October 14, 2020)
- Five years' experience in a hospitality-related field with a minimum of three years of specific hospitality consulting experience
- Recognized by leaders within their company or other industry constituents familiar with their work as exceptional and leadership material
- Must be working for a company that provides third-party consulting or advisory services to the hospitality industry and be actively involved or responsible for providing advisory services to clients of the firm (e.g., hospitality consulting firms, third-party hospitality asset managers, architects, designers, food and beverage consultants, hospitality lawyers, purchasing companies, etc.).
- Prior award winners are not eligible for nomination, while prior nominees who have not previously won remain eligible
- Winner must be available to attend the ISHC annual conference for the award presentation, which will be held virtually on October 14 & 15, 2020
Nominations are due by September 15, 2020. Winners will receive a one-year Associate Membership to ISHC, including access to all meetings and networking functions, as well as complimentary registration to attend the organization's 2020 virtual conference to receive the award.
Last year's winner was Wendy Chan, senior vice president within JLL's Hotels & Hospitality Group, leading the advisory and asset management efforts throughout Latin America. Her role within the firm's hospitality practice leverages her background in hospitality operations, strategic and development advisory, asset management, corporate advisory and real estate valuation. Chan has engaged in a wide array of strategic consulting, valuation and financial assignments across Latin America and the Caribbean over the past ten years. Her activities over this time have included sell-side due diligence, capital raising, hotel management agreement negotiations and asset management services for high-end resort and urban properties in the region, among other consulting assignments. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality Administration from Cornell University and is currently a Master of Business Administration candidate at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management.
"Receiving the Lori Raleigh Award last year was an incredibly humbling experience for me, and it marked a great milestone in my career. I am grateful for the professional support and encouragement from ISHC as an organization and all its members. The organization has a robust and talented network of professionals that have given me additional opportunities to expand my knowledge in the industry and create lifelong connections," said Chan.
"It is important to ISHC to give back to the hospitality industry and foster new talent, and it is wonderful to recognize emerging consultants that already are making an impact," Belfanti added. "Since the award winner is invited to be an associate ISHC member for a year and to attend our annual conference, we hope this will be a real career catalyst by providing unique educational opportunities and access to a network of industry leaders. ISHC believes in the power of collaboration and idea exchange and the immense impact that can have on an individual and the industry."
The International Society of Hospitality Consultants is truly The Leading Source for Global Hospitality Expertise, represented by over two hundred of the industry"s most respected professionals from across six continents. Collectively, ISHC members provide expert services in over fifty functional areas and have specialized skills in virtually every segment of the hospitality industry. ISHC is dedicated to promoting the highest quality of professional consulting standards and practices for the hospitality industry. Candidates undergo a rigorous screening process, ensuring that all ISHC members have a reputation of integrity and are qualified by their experience, training and knowledge to develop and express sound judgment on industry issues. Additional information about the organization, along with a directory of ISHC members, is available on the ISHC website at ishc.com.
Phone: +1 678 735 9453