STR: U.K. weekly hotel performance update
Each week, STR analysts provide a deep-dive into U.K. hotel performance. The most recent video, highlighting performance for the week of 24-30 August, is linked below.
- Helped by the bank holiday weekend, occupancy reached 70% on 29 August - the highest level seen in the metric since 4 March.
- ADR and RevPAR declines softened.
- Plymouth saw the highest occupancy level for the week (96%), followed by Brighton (93%). Dublin reported the lowest occupancy level (31%).
- Regional areas continue to show higher performance levels, with regional U.K. reaching a 75% occupancy level on 29 August.
- London also saw a boost from the bank holiday weekend, with occupancy reaching 50% on that Saturday.
All of STR's COVID-19 analysis can be found here.
STR provides premium data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights for global hospitality sectors. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 15 countries with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, an international headquarters in London, and an Asia Pacific headquarters in Singapore. STR was acquired in October 2019 by CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP), the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics and online marketplaces. For more information, please visit str.com and costargroup.com.