Preferred Hotels & Resorts - the world's largest independent hotel brand - is delighted to welcome 13 new member hotels from May 1 through August 31, 2020. These recent additions mark 39 new member hotels to join the brand's global portfolio in the first 8 months of the year - a strong indication that more owners and operators are going independent in this evolving new era for travel through the support of partners like Preferred. With more than 53 years of experience in the independent hotel space, the Preferred brand continues to thrive due to its flexible, value-rich approach that invites hoteliers to enjoy freedom on their terms and champions them in creating unique independent experiences that embody the magic of travel.
Highlights of the new additions include:
- Pendry West Hollywood (West Hollywood, California, United States) - Located on the iconic Sunset Strip, Pendry West Hollywood is one of the most anticipated new developments in Los Angeles. The 'new luxury' hotel - set in an eye-catching glass fronted building with interiors by the acclaimed Martin Brudnizki Design Studio - comprises 149 guestrooms and 40 residences. Wolfgang Puck has created a culinary experience for the property's signature restaurant and dining venues inspired by the artistic energy of the area. Other stand-out features include a rooftop pool and bar with cabanas, Spa Pendry offering personalized wellness treatments, bowling alley, screening room, live music venue, and art exhibitions showcasing local talent.
- Sangha Retreat by Octave Institute (Suzhou, China) - Nestled on the shores of Yangcheng Lake in Suzhou, Sangha Retreat by Octave Institute is a state-of-the-art holistic health and wellness sanctuary designed by visionary Fred Tsao. Combining eastern philosophy and Western science, the 47-acre retreat encourages guests to embark on a personal wellness journey from the on-site clinic, healing spa, and meditation dome to the custom food and beverage experiences. The 68 lakefront suites and private villas are designed to frame the naturally beautiful surroundings for ultimate relaxation and incorporate unique touches such as healing crystals in every room.
- Park Centraal Amsterdam (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - Housed in a historic iron foundry dating back to 1864, the newly re-branded Park Centraal Amsterdam offers a sleek modern retreat with touches of historic grandeur steps from the city's famous canals. The 189 contemporary guestrooms provide a taste of Dutch culture including fresh local produce to try. Guests looking to take their trip to new heights can experience the iconic Tower Suite, which offers unparalleled views of the city and a round bed to enjoy the sights from every angle. Both visitors and locals alike can enjoy cosmopolitan dining at MOMO Restaurant, Bar and Lounge - Amsterdam's first upscale Asian-fusion restaurant, followed by a nightcap at Bar Claes.
- Azul Talavera Hotel (Puebla, Mexico) - Inspired by Puebla's rich cultural heritage, Azul Talavera Hotel offers a historical luxury experience with 78 residential-style rooms and suites across two restored antique buildings featuring exposed stonework walls. Guests can enjoy four distinct dining venues with market-to-table menus, including Pasquinel Bistrot for unique Mex-European dishes and the Rooftop Bar for custom crafted margaritas and panoramic sunset views. Unique on-property experiences include cooking classes with local chefs, Mexican wine and tequila tastings, ancient healing treatments at Cobalto Spa, and all-day access to a rooftop pool.
- Santa Catalina, a Royal Hideaway Hotel (Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain) - Set in the capital of the Canary Islands, Santa Catalina, a Royal Hideaway Hotel has been a landmark of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria life since 1890. The newly renovated 204-room property offers guests a glamorous hub to explore the subtropical paradise and an opportunity to enjoy traditional cuisine at signature restaurant Poemas where the Michelin-starred Padrón brothers serve locally inspired plates. For postponed celebrations, guests can opt for The Royal Suite - the property's most exclusive accommodation featuring a private terrace overlooking the Atlantic and palm tree-fringed gardens, two spacious bathrooms including a designer bathtub, and exclusive access to the rooftop infinity pool and wellness studio, complete with Royal Concierge service.
Additional member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts since May 1 include:
- Corso 281 (Rome, Italy) - Housed in a former 18th century baroque palace, this ultra-boutique hotel with 12 suites offers an exceptional, home-like stay just steps from Rome's best historic and cultural sites.
Chicago Silversmith Hotel & Suites (Chicago, Illinois, United States
) - Tucked into downtown Chicago,the contemporary hotel offers refined luxury across 144 chic guestrooms, a signature restaurant and lounge, and more than 4,400 square feet of meeting space.
- Seawood Hotel, Miyakojima Kurima Resort (Okinawa, Japan) - Surrounded by sugar cane and ocean views, the 169-guestroom resort offers a secluded and peaceful escape on the small island of Kurimajima - midway between Japan and Taiwan.
- General's Mansion (Xichang, China) - Set in Sichuan Province at the easternmost edge of the Tibetan Plateau, this lakeside retreat that was originally built during the Qing Dynasty now offers 25 boutique guestrooms with an infinity pool and two restaurants.
- Galeria Plaza San Jeronimo (Mexico City, Mexico) - Launching in late 2020, just steps from the capital city's top attractions, the new tech-forward hotel is ideal for both business and leisure travelers and features 151 luxurious rooms and suites, roof garden, and a swimming pool.
- The Drayton Hotel (Savannah, Georgia, United States) - Situated a block from the Savannah River, within the walls of the historic American Trust and Bank Building, the 50-room property welcomes guests with elegantly-appointed rooms and Southern hospitality.
- BEYOND by Geisel (Munich, Germany) - Located on Munich's famous Marienplatz Square, the intimate 19-room hotel offers an idyllic location near the city's most iconic sites with gourmet dining options and luxurious guestrooms, including the largest suite in the city.
- The Wall Street Hotel (New York, New York, United States) - Set in New York's bustling financial district, this soon-to-open 181-room boutique hotel owned by the Australian Pearl Farming Company will offer visitors an ideal location from which to explore the Big Apple.
Since 1968, Preferred Hotels & Resorts has remained committed to supporting the world's finest independent hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups. Along with sales, marketing, revenue optimization, and distribution services, member hotels have access to Preferred's global network of corporate, leisure, and group sales professionals, and can tap into the turnkey benefits of I Prefer Hotel Rewards, the brand's points-based loyalty program for independent hotels with more than 3.5 million travelers currently enrolled globally.
All guests of these 13 new member hotels are eligible to enroll in I Prefer Hotel Rewards, which extends points redeemable for cash-value Reward Certificates, Elite status, and special benefits such as complimentary internet to members upon every eligible stay at more than 700 participating Preferred Hotels & Resorts locations worldwide.
Each of these new member properties represented within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio property is bookable via the brand website, and travel advisors can book client stays clients on GDS using the "PH" and "PV" chain codes. For hotel owners and operators exploring options to stay or become independent, visit www.PreferredHotels.com/Freedom.
About Preferred Hotel Group
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world's largest independent hotel brand, representing more than 700 distinctive hotels, resorts, residences, and unique hotel groups across 80 countries. Through its five global collections, Preferred Hotels & Resorts connects discerning travelers to the singular luxury hospitality experience that meets their life and style preferences for each occasion. Every property within the portfolio maintains the high-quality standards and unparalleled service levels required by the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Integrated Quality Assurance Program. The I Prefer™ hotel rewards program, Preferred Residences℠, Preferred Pride℠, and Preferred Golf™ offer valuable benefits for travelers seeking a unique experience. For more information, please visit PreferredHotels.com, StayBeyondGreen.com, HistoricHotels.org, PHGConsulting.com, and BeyondGreenTravel.com.
About I Prefer Hotel Rewards
Launched in 2013, the I Prefer Hotel Rewards program from Preferred Hotel Group extends points for multiple redemption options and other complimentary benefits to members upon eligible stays at more than 650 participating hotels and resorts worldwide. In addition to earning points for eligible room nights, members receive additional benefits based on their tier status. I Prefer also offers a free mobile app, available on Apple and Android devices, which allows members to search and book hotel stays, easily redeem Reward Certificates, and connect directly with their host hotel during a stay. Currently, more than four million travelers have signed up for membership.