Marriott Hosts First-Ever Hybrid Meetings Event: Connect with Confidence
On November 9, Marriott International hosted a hybrid virtual and in-person event, "Connect with Confidence," as the first part of a global series. The event was attended by 30 in-person customers and 238 virtual attendees, and took place at The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner in Virginia. It showcased Marriott's reimagined processes and meetings spaces, while reinforcing the brand's commitment to help meeting planners execute conferences and events during this new normal.
- Stephanie Linnartz, Group President, Consumer Operations, Technology & Emerging Businesses
- David Marriott, President, U.S. Full Service, Managed by Marriott
- Julius Robinson, Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, U.S. & Canada
- Erika Alexander, Chief Global Officer, Global Operations
- Tammy Routh, Senior Vice President, Global Sales
- Dana Pellicano, Vice President, Food & Beverage
"Our Connect with Confidence event demonstrated that it is possible to host meetings in a responsible, sophisticated, cost-effective, and enjoyable way. We are thrilled to have had this opportunity to showcase Marriott's creative solutions for hybrid meetings," said Tammy Routh, Senior Vice President, Global Sales for Marriott International. "We continue to be committed to collaborating with our valued customers as we navigate this new frontier for meetings and events to ensure they have the necessary tools to confidently connect."
During the event, guests were able to experience Marriott's new approach to meetings and try new developments such as:
- Digital registration and pre-selection of "Sanctuary Seats" with a meeting room set up preview
- Individually packaged amenities for each in-person attendee, including a face shield, mask, hand sanitizer, and color-coated bracelets to showcase each attendee's level of comfort i.e. red for "please keep your distance;" yellow for "respect my space;" and green for "elbow bumps welcome"
- Curated virtual-only content to enhance the hybrid experience, including infographics outlining pre-event, event day, and post-event protocols
- Real-time interactive discussion and polling questions, multiple camera views for virtual attendees, virtual games with rewards, and a Q&A sessions for both virtual and in-person attendees
- Creative lunch solutions, including a food delivery credit for virtual attendees, and option for in-person attendees to dine solo, or with one, two or three others at their table
Based on live polling, nearly 25% of attendees plan to host a hybrid event within the next 1-3 months. Overall sentiment emphasized the importance of flexibility, offering attendees choices based on comfort levels, and delivering cost-effective and technology-driven solutions.