Horwath HTL Market Report: India Hotel Market Review 2020
Jointly prepared by Horwath HTL India and STR, the annual report analyses hotel sector performance in an exceptionally challenging year marred by a global pandemic. It's a tale of massive occupancy drops, ADR and RevPAR declines.
- Leisure show positive revival - Udaipur and Goa, Rajasthan, Agra, Mussoorie, Rishikesh, Coorg, Himachal; staycations within cities
- Weddings are back, even with curtailed sizes; business travel and MICE and awaited
- Mumbai, Delhi and Goa remained the lead major markets, at 40+% occupancy; Vizag topped with 43%
- Bengaluru and Pune hit hard by WFH for the IT sector
- Several key markets report pandemic period RevPAR in the 100's; Ahmedabad at the bottom with Rs. 672.
About Horwath HTL
Horwath HTL is the world"s largest hospitality consulting brand with 45 offices across the world providing expert local knowledge. Since 1915 we have been providing impartial, specialist advice to our clients and are recognized as the founders of the Uniform System of Accounts which subsequently has become the industry standard for hospitality accounting. We focus one hundred percent on hotels, tourism and leisure consulting and have successfully completed over 16,000 projects. If you have any questions, please contact James Chappell, Global Business Director at [email protected].