TripAdvisor Top Performers, Caribbean Hotel Edition (Part 2)
According to the survey:
- “Recommendations from people I know” earns the must trust with 92% of the 28,000 respondents agreeing completely or somewhat. Not much of a surprise.
- What may be a surprise to some hoteliers is “Consumer opinions posted online” came in second at 70%.
Love it or hate it, the quality of a hotel’s TripAdvisor reviews has an impact on consumer’s opinion the property. Other research studies show that hotels with higher TripAdvisor ratings can increase rates without impacting occupancy levels. The bottom line – good TripAdvisor ratings can lead to more revenue.
That is why we like to study and analyze TripAdvisor reviews. It is a treasure trove of data that can help a hotel develop and maintain a competitive edge.
So, who has a competitive edge in the Caribbean? Here is what our analysis shows:
- TripAdvisor reviews 2,710 Caribbean hotels, but only 53, or 2%, have a 5-star rating*.
- Those 53 hotels have a total of 14,449 reviews, an average of 273 each.
- Interestingly, none of the luxury chain hotels in the Caribbean (Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, etc.) are among the 5-star rated properties.
- All but two of the 53 top-rated hotels have a TripAdvisor Business Listing.
- Just over half of the top hotels have a TripAdvisor special offer posted on their page.
- The hotel with the most reviews is the Turtle Nest Inn in the Cayman Islands. This small, 18-suite property has more than 900 reviews.
This analysis seems to prove the adage that if there is a will, there is a way for any hotel to significantly increase the number and quality of its reviews. What strategies are you using to better your rankings on TripAdvisor? How are they working and is it time for a change?
The full list of top performing hotels is below and is comprised of many independent, small size hotels on both popular and relatively undiscovered islands.
If you know the general manager of owner of any of the above hotels, why not contact them and offer your congratulations. Hopefully they will share some of their strategies for TripAdvisor success.
*Analysis based on data gathered the week of July 29, 2013. For the purposes of our research, only hotels with 5-star ratings and at least 90 reviews are included.