Europe hotel performance results for March 2012
The European hotel industry posted mostly positive results in year-over-year metrics when reported in U.S. dollars, euros and British pounds for March 2012, according to data compiled by STR Global.
Highlights from key market performers for March 2012 include (year-over-year comparisons, all currency in euros):
- Reykjavik, Iceland, rose 17.9 percent in occupancy to 66.8 percent, reporting the largest increase in that metric, followed by Tallinn, Estonia (+17.5 percent to 52.1 percent), and Prague, Czech Republic (+12.0 percent to 60.6 percent).
- Vienna, Austria, posted the largest occupancy decrease, falling 8.7 percent to 67.5 percent.
- Two markets experienced double-digit ADR increases: Tel Aviv, Israel (+16.4 percent to EUR183.12), and Paris, France (+13.5 percent to EUR235.22).
- Frankfurt, Germany (-10.7 percent to EUR117.67), and Vilnius, Lithuania (-10.4 percent to EUR50.13), reported the largest ADR decreases for the month.
- Three markets achieved RevPAR increases of more than 15 percent: Tallinn (+28.4 percent to EUR31.54); Prague (+17.1 percent to EUR40.11); and Reykjavik (+16.7 percent to EUR37.99).
- Vienna dropped 17.4 percent in RevPAR to EUR66.53, reporting the largest decrease in that metric.
In the first quarter of 2012, the region reported a 0.8-percent increase in occupancy to 57.5 percent, a 1.7-percent rise in ADR to EUR97.45 and a 2.5-percent increase to EUR56.07.
About STR Global
STR Global provides clients—including hotel operators, developers, financiers, analysts and suppliers to thehotel industry—access to hotel research with regular and custom reports covering Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and South America. STR Global provides a single source of global hotel data covering daily and monthly performance data, segmentation data, forecasts, annual profitability, pipeline and census information. Hotel operators can join the surveys on a complimentary basis and benefit from free industry data. STR Global is part of the STR family of companies and is proudly associated with STR, STR Analytics and Hotel News Now. For more information, please visit www.strglobal.com.